Cyprus is getting more and more popular for Weddings, with over 300 days of sunshine every year sunshine on your Cyprus wedding day is virtually guaranteed!
- English is widely spoken in Cyprus and its only just over 4 hours away. Ceremonies are conducted in English plus your marriage licence and all paperwork will be in English too. You do have to pull together certain legal documents before the wedding but the process is pretty straightforward.
Pictures above are from the Adams Beach Hotel, Ayia Napa, Cyprus.
- Aphrodite's island of love is a romantic choice for both the wedding AND the honeymoon plus your guests can have a great holiday too. You can even have your hen and stag parties on the island! Lots of Hotels now have their own Wedding Chapels, plus you could choose a wedding cruise or even a party on the beach to get married so no matter what the budget is for your island wedding Cyprus has something to offer, whether you organise everything yourself, you choose a "tour operator" wedding or you decide to employ a wedding planner in Cyprus.
There are really three choices if you are planning a wedding in Cyprus.
1. Do it yourself. If you know the island well and you have the time or friends/ relatives on the island to help you, then this option is usually the best for a cheap destination wedding in Cyprus. It can also be the best way to personalise your special wedding day.
- Book your Cyprus wedding through a tour operator. If you can't face the stress and hassle of organising an overseas wedding yourself, then this could be an option for you.
With package holidays on the decline due to the ease of booking online, more and more tour operators are offering wedding packages. The disadvantage, of course, is that you will only have a choice of venues that are linked with the tour operator and there is limited scope to personalise your wedding day.
- Employ a wedding planner. Cyprus has a large number of specialist wedding planners based on the island. They offer various services from just organising the Cyprus wedding ceremony and transport to organising an entire package including hen and stag parties.