Most popular locations to pick up car hire in the UAE:
- Dubai International Airport, Dubai, United Arab Emirates (13 car hire companies)
- Abu Dhabi International Airport, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (9 car hire companies)
- Al Maktoum International Airport, Emirates Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates (3 car hire companies)
- Dubai Mall, Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashed Boulevard, Downtown Dubai, 31166 (6 car hire companies)
- Dubai Marina, 66 Al Marsa Street, Dubai, United Arab Emirates (7 car hire companies)
Locations for hiring a car in the UAE include Dubai, Fujairah
, Ras Al Khaima
and the Sharjah Airport
Free Zone. You can also collect rental cars from main airports in each of the Emirates such as Sharjah, Abu Dhabi Airport and Dubai International Airport or arrange collection from major hotels such as the Jumeirah Beach Hotel, the Burj Al Arab Hotel and the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Dubai.
Most popular car hire companies with offices in the UAE:
- Avis (Tel: +971 4 330 7272)
- Budget (Tel: +971 4 884 0022
- Europcar (Tel: +971 4 506 3030)
- Hertz (Tel: +971 4 206 0206)
- Thrifty (Tel: +971 4 337 0743)
Highest rated car hire companies in UAE according to previous customers:
- Sixt: 7.8/10 (500+ reviews)
- Europcar: 7.2/10 (250+ reviews)
- Thrifty: 7.1/10 (250+ reviews)
- Dollar: 7.0/10 (500+ reviews)
- Avis: 6.4/10 (500+ reviews)
Booking car hire in the UAE could not be more simple, try a quote on our safe and secure booking engine today and see how much money we can save you. We are able to deliver you the best deal as we check prices across all the main suppliers such as Alamo, Thrifty and Avis, as well as more local suppliers who may have some special offers available that we can pass onto you for cheap United Arab Emirates car hire!
The most popular hire cars in the UAE are:
Make / Model
Guide to the UAE
A federation of seven states, the United Arab Emirates, often referred to as the UAE, is located on the Arabian Peninsula, by the Persian Gulf in the Middle East. Those states, which are known as Emirates, are Abu Dhabi (the capital), Fujairah, Ajman, Dubai, Ra’s al Khaymah, Sharjah and Umm al Quwain.
The Emirates are extremely popular with travellers from all over the world who come to enjoy a mix of Arab culture and liberal sensibilities. The UAE also has a huge amount of expatriates living there due to the amount of jobs created by the oil industry and those foreign workers help to ensure that the UAE has a multicultural feel. Known mostly for being an extraordinarily wealthy part of the world thanks to its extensive oil fields, its rulers are now trying to build a new economy in preparation for a future in which oil will one day run out.
That foresight is making the UAE is great place to visit with Dubai in particular benefitting from some outrageous expansion plans. Dubai city is set to be the new Las Vegas with vast monuments being built. These will even include replicas of the world’s most famous landmarks like the Eiffel Tower, the Pyramids and the Leaning Tower of Pisa. The building boom in Dubai is showing no signs of wearing thin and it now includes the world's tallest skyscraper – the Burj Al Arab Hotel, which is some 780 metres high and was built on its own man made island. Such wealth means that the UAE has some of the world's best hotels and the bar is being set even higher with the construction of the Armani Hotel, a boutique hotel constructed specially to the tastes of the fashion design house.
And of course no trip to the UAE is complete without doing a lot of shopping. This tax free haven means that there are incredible deals. Prepare yourself for a special shopping experience because you will find some of the world’s most lavish malls in the Emirates. Dubai alone has more than 30 malls. Among the shopping attractions in the other Emirates is the 30 floor Sharjah
mall which also has hotels and residential components included in the design.
There are many natural attractions in the UAE too and no trip to them would be complete without doing a desert safari or seeing the mountainous Hatta Wadi region. Being only five hours from Europe and around three hours away from most parts of Asia, the UAE is an incredibly convenient location which is very well connected by many world class airports. Rhino Car Hire have rental locations throughout the UAE, including Dubai and Abu Dhabi. It is no wonder that so many people are heading to the UAE as it has everything that the holiday maker could possible want including eye popping accommodation, great food, a vibrant nightlife, sunbathing on beautiful beaches and sporting events.
For those travellers who are looking for a more budget destination away from the glitz and glamour of Dubai, the smallest Emirate of Ajman is a good option as is Sharjah. It is worth noting however that while many of the Emirates are fairly tolerant of a Western drinking culture, you will not find any bars in Sharjah. The fact that it is also so safe to travel in the Emirates means that tourism will continue to flourish for the foreseeable future. Those who are hoping to drive there can go on the highway from Saudi Arabia in the south or Oman
in the east. Worth avoiding if possible is the road between Sharjah and Dubai as it is very congested and has a toll gate in operation.
- The United Arab Emirates (UAE) comprises of Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Dubai, Fujairah, Ras al-Khaimah, Sharjah and Umm al-Quwain. They are called emirates as they are ruled by emirs
- Rich in natural resources, its oil reserves are ranked as being the sixth largest in the world
- The climate is subtropical-arid with the summers being extremely hot, where temperatures can reach 48 °C
- The national bird of the UAE is the Peregrine Falcon
- The majority of women in the UAE wear an abaya which is a long black gown worn over their clothes
- If you'r renting a car in the UAE, you'll be spoilt for choice as the world leading rental agents such as Alamo, Avis, Hertz and Thrifty all operate an extensive fleet from budget to luxury rental cars in country