Daily Car Hire Rates in Graz
*daily rates in Graz based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Graz Car Hire - Did You Know?
- Graz is a very intellectual city with no fewer than six universities.
- Interestingly, the city of Graz exerts a strong influence on the culture and politics of Ljubljana, across the border in Slovenia.
- The range of architecture in the city, ranging from Gothic to modern contemporary, led UNESCO to name it a World Heritage Site in 1999.
- In a speech to the citizens, Hitler promised them 1,000 years of prosperity. Within seven of them, they surrendered their poverty stricken city to the advancing Russians.
- Graz has its own ‘Institute of Jazz’ perhaps called ‘Graz Jazz’?
Nearest Petrol Stations to Graz
See the nearest petrol stations to Graz below, we recommend you plan head before you return the car to Graz to avoid any Refueling fees.
Graz Mini Guide
Graz is a place with an interesting history and a present day allure which led to it being named the European capital of culture in 2003. Just under 300,000 people live in Graz which is the second biggest city in Austria. The town is lively thanks to the presence of many universities and students while the history of Graz dates back to Roman times.
Graz has been in the wars over the years having been repeatedly attacked by the Turkish during the 16th century and the Ottoman Empire, though they never managed to take the city. When in Graz give yourself plenty of time to walk around the historic old town as this has been designated as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. The Glockenspiel clock tower is particularly charming and also especially entertaining for children.
You can get to Graz from most major European cities. It is possible to fly from destinations in Germany
, Switzerland, Spain and England into Graz International Airport. Look out for flights via Interfly, Lufthansa and Ryanair. There are also a number of domestic routes from cities such as Vienna
On arrival you will see the Rhino car rental offices as we deal with a number of major world wide companies such as Avis and Hertz and representatives can show you to your vehicle. The roads are of excellent standard in Austria while the speed limits are generous and the scenery is beautiful, so it is a good place to drive a rental car.
To get to Austria’s capital city of Vienna you drive eastwards along the A2 road and this will take about an hour and a half if the going is good. You can also drive there along the S9 which is more aesthetically pleasing route. The A9 is the other main road which runs through Graz. Parking in Graz is not too expensive; though look for green zones which cost a bit less than the blue zones. Blue zones cost about 1.20 Euros for every hour. If you are staying for a long time the underground car parks work out cheaper, but they are expensive in the short term.
One of Graz’s most famous sons is the actor and body builder Arnold Schwarzenegger and a sports arena was named after him, but when the now governor of California, Schwarzenegger showed his support for the death penalty the name was hastily changed. This is an example of Graz’s liberal ideology.
Common Questions from our customers...
- do I need to rent a car in Graz?
- I'm looking for the cheapest minibus hire in Graz
- do you rent 4x4's in Graz?
- car hire Graz tips
- car hire Graz recommendations
- can I book car hire Graz with a debit card
- free additional driver with car hire in Graz
- what is your age limit car hire Graz
- I want car hire XXX with no excess
Latest Update from Graz:
- In December 2016 a sausage vending machine was installed in the Graz's Zinzendorfgasse butcher shop. Its is a 24hr vending machine and serves sausages like Berner wrapper in bacon along with a selection of vegetarian dishes.
– The Austrian president has joined in the migration debate and has called Trump’s ban on travel for certain countries, ‘highly problematic’.
- Graz labels itself as the culinary capital of Austria and without doubt the food in the city is excellent. To match its claims, many of this summer's events in the city revolve around food. Check out the website www.kulturserver-graz.at for details of events that include live demonstrations, food festivals and food exhibitions.
Graz Parade 2017 Magical Disco