*daily rates in Graz Airport based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Graz Airport Mini Guide
Introducing Graz "Thalerhof" Airport located a few kilometres outside Graz, capital city of Styria, a state in the southeast of Austria. Since first opening with a grass runway in 1914 and being the site for a war concentration camp, this airport has a historical timeline that goes from Styria in sepia to full-colour mod-cons.
On average, Graz Airport welcomes just shy of 1 million passengers per year. All travel from approximately 15 European destinations, including several major airports such as Vienna
, Frankfurt and Berlin
. In 1981 Concorde was a warmly welcomed runway guest.
Making Your Onward Journey
Graz has good access by road and public transportation and offers easy onward routes to neighbouring Slovenia and eastern Hungary. Good road access makes Graz a great airport from which to hire a car. If you have booked a Rhino hire car, you can find the rental desks a short walk across from the arrivals hall, in Car Park 2. Graz tends to experience freezing weather in the winter months, which you might want to bear in mind with your packing and also with pre-arranging specialist equipment, such as snow tyres with a hire car.
In terms of public transport, take a very short walk from the terminal to the station with a good schedule of trains. Step just outside the arrivals hall and you can catch one of the regular buses running between Graz Main Station and the airport; or simply hail a taxi to your onward destination.
What's to See and Do Inside the Terminal?
Far from the grass airstrip and hangars that it was in 1914, Graz boasts a modern passenger terminal and the exclusive General Aviation Centre for private pilots, private passengers and VIPs.
The highly-renowned airport gallery "Galerie am Flughafen" offers something very special to see, through regular exhibitions and cultural events. You can even take part in a spot of people watching from its prime location on the first floor of the departure hall.
There are several shops offering a wide range of goods at reasonable prices, from everyday and practical things, to duty free indulgences and branded items, to foodstuffs including regional (Styrian) specialities. If you get hungry or are in need of refreshment, pay a visit to one of several restaurants and cafes for a warm welcome.
Passengers can stay well-connected as the airport adopts the saying "internet for free" with free Wi-Fi throughout the departure terminal, plus several internet terminals in the departure hall and VIP lounge. The discerning business traveller should take a look at the options that 4 interchangeable conference rooms have to offer.
Graz Airport Main Terminal Map
What if I Have Reduced Mobility?
The passenger terminal is well equipped, with good access points, lifts and keeping as much of the floor plan on one level as possible. There are allocated spaces in several of the parking zones to bring you as close to the terminal as possible. The first 30 minutes in any parking zone is free and convenient for your set-down or pick-up.
Common Questions from our customers...
- I'm looking for all inclusive car hire at Graz Airport?
- renting a car from Graz Airport?
- how much to rent a car from Graz Airport?
- Under 25 car hire in Graz Airport
- Can I rent a 4x4 in Graz Airportwith Rhino?
- I need to rent a car for 1 day in XXX?
- best price on minibus rental at Graz Airport?
- can I compare deals on car hire in Graz Airport with you?
- The airline KLM started regular flights between Graz airport and Amsterdam using the Embraer Type 175 airplance with a maxium seating capactity of 88.
– From 27 February 2017 bmi regional will commence flights from Birmingham to Graz. This will initially be a twice-weekly flight service.
- This summer Heinemann duty free shops in Austrian airports offer you the convenience of ordering online before you arrive at the airport so you can pay for and reserve your duty free shopping. For more details and to shop online visit www.heinemann-dutyfree.com.