Daily Car Hire Rates in Salzburg
*daily rates in Salzburg based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Salzburg Car Hire - Did You Know?
- It has one of the best preserved Baroque old towns in Europe.
- The whole city is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- The composer Mozart was born in Salzburg.
- The Festung Hohensalzburg is one of the largest medieval fortresses in Europe.
- The US town of Ebenezer was founded by Salzburg citizens who were exiled for their religious views.
Nearest Petrol Stations to Salzburg
See the nearest petrol stations to Salzburg below, we recommend you plan head before you return the car to Salzburg to avoid any Refueling fees.
Salzburg means salt castle because in days gone by salt used to be carried up the Salzach River to this city in central Austria. Today Salzburg is best known as being the setting for the movie The Sound of Music, and the home of Mozart. To find out more about Mozart why not visit his Geburtshaus (place of birth)? Used by Mozart and his family during the 18th century and located in the heart of Salzburg this is interesting and full of memorabilia.
The international airport at Salzburg has been named after the great composer. Salzburg W.A. Mozart International and is well connected to major European cities such as Amsterdam, Berlin and Paris. There are also a number of flights to destinations in the United Kingdom such as Birmingham, Coventry and London. It is the fourth largest city in Austria and one of the best preserved with many beautiful monuments leading it to be designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Wherever you are you are sure to see the imposing Hohensalzburg fortress which is perched above Salzburg.
Many people go to Salzburg to take advantage of great Alpine skiing, but even if you are not a skier you may wish to request the optional extras of having snow tyres on your vehicle during the winter months (October to March). It is possible to drive to Salzburg from another ski haven – Munich
in Germany – on the A8 autobahn, or to Austria’s capital Vienna
on the A1. Having a map is a good idea as the place names on the signs are indecipherable having been written in a tiny German font.
If you are going to Salzburg with your family, maybe on a skiing holiday, there are some good activities for the kids. You can take them to the giant chess board near the cathedral, the Museum of Natural History (at Museumplatz 5, children over four pay two and a half euros), or the Salzburg Zoo.
In terms of places to stay there is a huge choice of accommodation in Salzburg, from hotels to guest houses and backpacker hostels. Most of these can be found on the internet. If you go along the A1 towards Vienna but come off at Salzburg Nord you will even come across a well appointed camp site.
Common Questions from our customers...
- can I hire a 4x4 in Salzburg?
- do you hire convertible cars in Salzburg?
- are your Salzburg car hire prices all inclusive?
- best website for Salzburg car hire?
- I'm looking for the cheapest minibus hire in Salzburg
- looking for long term car rental in Salzburg
- Is it cheap to rent a car in Salzburg?
- what is your age limit car hire Salzburg
Latest Update from Salzburg:
– To celebrate 15 years of Ryan air flights to Salzburg, they are releasing 100,000 seats for sale at the bargain price of €19.99 available from their website.
- This summer continues the performance of 'The Sound of Music' in the city's State Theatre. Expected to continue until March 2013, the show celebrates the first performance of the story in the city in the 1960s.