*daily rates in Salzburg Airport based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
See the nearest petrol stations to Salzburg Airport below, we recommend you plan head before you return the car to Salzburg Airport to avoid any Refueling fees.
Salzburg Airport Mini Guide
Introducing Salzburg Airport
A few kilometres from central Salzburg is W. A. Mozart Airport. A popular seasonal destination, which opens a gateway to on- and off-piste activities in the "Ski Amade" region: a vast network of Austrian ski resorts, also named after the same great classical composer. Having survived numerous air attacks during World War II, enhancement has taken this airport and its facilities from the level of a quaint quartet to a full symphony orchestra. Consideration and providing for passenger needs is a real forte.
Salzburg welcomes approximately 38 airlines, carrying a combined average of just under 1.6 million passengers per year. With the new Terminal 2 dedicated to ski charter airlines, the milestone of 2 million passengers isn’t far away.
Getting to Your Destination from the Airport
Great passenger service extends to an easy onward journey. For immediate convenience, why not book a hire car? If you have hired a car from Rhino, you will find the car hire offices on the ground floor of the multi-storey car park.
Public transport is excellent with several bus routes providing onward links. On the city bus, lucky numbers are the 2, 8 and 27 routes to the main "Hauptbahnhof" railway station, the city centre and beyond. Arriving at the main station brings resorts such as Zell am See and Kitzbuhel within easy reach. As ever, various taxis and shuttles offer transfer services and there are buses offering connections further afield, such as onto Tyrol and Bavaria.
Is There Support for Passengers With Reduced Mobility?
Absolutely. When booking your travel, indicate the need for assistance along with your level of mobility (see airport website). Support can then be arranged. There are disabled-accessible spaces in short stay car park P1 and near the multi-storey car park exit. The city bus number 2 offers free wheelchair transportation and most buses carry a ramp.
Facilities: A Concerto of Convenience, in E major
It's hard to believe that the 1920s three-windowed hut with its quaint picket fence and handful of tables outside is the same, modern airport of today. Passenger convenience is paramount, with thoughtful services to match. Not only are the typical shops, banking and free Wi-Fi on offer, at Salzburg there is a welcoming Visitor's Terrace and Children's Play Corners for when travelling is a family affair. Accidentally carried a prohibited item? Take advantage of the "Forward on Service" where for a small fee you can deposit an item for return, or pay to send it home.
Shop-lovers should feel they've landed on their feet when seeing “Boutique Alice" and "Juweller Kemmetinger" signs in the shopping street between arrivals and departures. Whether you're after a souvenir, a newspaper, a special gift, or some freshly baked bread there's huge variety on offer. Dining delivers a vibrant symphony of its own at Salzburg. Whether you want a snack, full on gastronomy, or the speed of an aptly named SalzBurger, there are several cafes, restaurants and bars to choose from.
Weighed down and want to off-load some luggage whilst shopping or dining? Simply store items at the Left-Luggage Office, located in the main terminal – how exceptionally convenient!
Common Questions from our customers...
- I'm looking for long term car hire at Salzburg Airport?
- I want cheap monthly car hire Salzburg Airport
- how much to rent a car from Salzburg Airport?
- Under 25 car hire in Salzburg Airport
- I'm looking for all inclusive car hire at Salzburg Airport?
- best price on minibus rental at Salzburg Airport?
- can I compare deals on car hire in Salzburg Airport with you?
- do you rent 4x4's in Salzburg Airport?
– Ryan air has been celebrating an anniversary at the airport. 15 years ago Ryan air landed at Salzburg airport for the first time with a flight from London Stansted. Ryanair has now carried more than 2.5 million from London to Salzburg.
- The new terminal two has proved something of a let down and hasty plans are being put in place to match other parts of the airport's infrastructure to the number of passengers using the new ski terminal. A more efficient baggage reclaim system is being installed and the car park is being enlarged to cope with double the current capacity.