*daily rates in Innsbruck Airport based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Innsbruck Airport Mini Guide
Welcome to the Heart of the Alps
Touching down at Innsbruck Airport brings you to the heart of the Austrian Alps, an important seasonal destination for snow fans and mountain hikers alike. It’s good that thrill-seekers like to visit most because the flight approach is notoriously bumpy due to the surrounding mountains! Innsbruck is a nice, compact airport where you don't have to walk miles to get around.
The airport welcomes approximately 17 airlines from European destinations and in late 2011 celebrated a milestone of receiving 1 million passengers.
Innsbruck is known as the gateway to the Tyrol region. You can reach many winter sport resorts within an hour of the airport and readily get to either Germany
. The airport is well connected to the motorway, making car hire a great option. Pick up your Rhino hire car from the desks in main hall (upper floor) and the multi-storey car park (ground floor).
Public transport links are good, with the “F” bus route connecting to Innsbruck train station in approximately 20 minutes. You can opt for a taxi, take a scheduled transfer, or book an individual transfer.
If it's Compact, Does That Mean There are no Facilities?
Absolutely not. This airport is small and very well formed. There are 2 cafes, a restaurant and a bakery, all offering a warm welcome with a wide array of dishes and treats. It's not a shopper's paradise but the airport shop is open 7 days a week and stocks an extensive range. There’s free Wi-Fi and in the arrivals area, a cash machine, plus a travel agency which offers currency exchange. Visiting for business? Try the Executive Meeting Room, or the larger Tirol Lounge.
Terminal Ground Floor
If you ever fancy piloting a plane into Innsbruck, at least two home flight simulator programs feature at this airport.
Common Questions from our customers...
- Best deals on car hire at Innsbruck Airport?
- do you offer car hire Innsbruck Airport with free additional driver?
- I want car hire in Innsbruck Airport with no excess
- can I hire a 4x4 in Innsbruck Airport?
- what is the best website for Innsbruck Airport car hire
- I'm looking for all inclusive car hire at Innsbruck Airport?
- Under 25 car hire in Innsbruck Airport
– International passenger numbers have risen at the airport with an increase in 1.4%.
- The road to the west of the airport has been closed and diversions put in place whilst work is carried out to complete the tram link line 3. The diversion means it will take you longer to get to the airport and you should allow extra time so you don't miss your flight.