Daily Car Hire Rates in Girona Airport
5 seat minivan
*daily rates in Girona Airport based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Customer questions about Girona Airport car hire
Just trying to rent car for my boss at Girona Airport, does he need to take the company credit card with him, that I am using to book the car?
Hi, no he will not need the same card as used to book, you can pre-pay today on any card, your boss will just need to present a valid caredti card in his name on arrival for security.
Girona Airport Car Hire - Did You Know?
- The airport is often referred to as Barcelona-Girona Airport and is used by budget airlines including Ryanair.
- Barcelona is two hours away so a hire car from rhinocarhire.com is essential.
- Between 2002 and 2008, passenger numbers through the airport increased tenfold.
- Girona Airport is also convenient for the ski resorts of the Pyrenees and Andorra. Don’t forget to include a ski rack in your car rental.
Girona Airport Mini Guide
Girona Airport is located in the north east of Spain on the Costa Brava and handles more than four million passengers every year. Also known as Costa Brava Airport, it is situated near the small village of Vilobi d'Onyar in Catalonia. It is worth hiring a car at Girona because there is so much to explore along the Mediterranean coast and of course the nearby capital of Catalonia, the magnificent Barcelona.
Many visitors to Barcelona
use Girona as an alternative landing point. Once you have picked up your hire car, it is only 10 kilometres to get to the Pyrenees and 90 kilometres to Barcelona. Girona Airport has something in the region of 2,000 parking spaces distributed over the car parks P1, P2 and P3.
In P1 (on the north side of the terminal) there are 860 spaces and a car park meeting point at the entrance to this building. The car park is controlled by a 24-hour security service and customer assistance. Entry is through the single access point, consisting of two entrances. There are two exits for leaving the car park. The main roads around the airport are the E15/AP 7 toll road, the C25 from Lleida, and the N11 toll free road which goes from Madrid
The main airline to use Girona is Ryanair which has a plethora of flights to Europe, but you can also take Thomas Cook or Thomson airways to and from Britain, Transaero to Moscow and Transavia to Amsterdam
. Jetairfly, Smart Wings and Wizz Air use Girona too. Girona is classed as one of the fastest growing airports in Spain and there may be future developments to expand it to cope with passenger numbers.
Latest Update from Girona Airport:
- In an effort to attract more business tourism, Girona Airport has added a conference centre and auditorium to the airport facilities. Capable of handling up to 150 delegates, the room is above the main passenger terminal and has audio visual facilities and can be catered.
- Ryanair, the main operator at Girona Airport is dramatically increasing the flights in and out of the airport with a raft of new routes to Scandinavia and eastern Europe.