Car hire agents with desks at Fuerteventura Airport:
- Enterprise (Tel: +34 928 86 05 76)
- Europcar (Tel: +34 911 50 50 00)
- Goldcar (Tel: +34 910 21 01 03)
- Hertz (Tel: +34 928 86 06 28)
- Interrent (Tel: +34 912 10 67 69)
- Thrifty (Tel: +34 928 86 06 28)
- Topcar (Tel: +34 928 86 07 60)
Car hire companies with free shuttle bus from Fuerteventura Airport:
- Avis (Tel: +34 928 09 23 30)
- Budget (Tel: +34 928 09 23 30)
- Dollar (Tel: +34 928 01 27 77)
- Orlando (Tel: +34 928 86 90 52)
Most popular hire cars at Fuerteventura Airport:
- Mini: Ford Ka (Sixt, 8.1/10)
- Economy: Volkswagen Polo (Enterprise, 8.3/10)
- Compact: Ford Focus (Europcar, 7.8/10)
- Estate: Skoda Fabia Estate (TopCar, 7.9/10)
- SUV: Dacia Duster (Dollar, 7.8/10)
- 7 Seater Minivan: Peugeot 5008 (Budget, 8.3/10)
- Convertible: Mini Copper Convertible (Sixt, 7.9/10)
- 9 Seater Minivan: Opel Vivaro (Avis, 7.8/10)
Tips for hiring a car at Fuerteventura Airport:
- Don't be worried about using a rental agent with a free shuttle bus, the service is efficient and reliable
- Take note of our customer rating system to pick the right rental agent for you
- Take photographs of the car before and after your rental to document any damage
- Book a 9 seater minivan rather than 2 smaller cars for larger groups to make saving
- Always return with a full tank of fuel to avoid missing fuel charges
Fuerteventura Airport Mini Guide
About the Airport
Fuerteventura Airport also known as El Matorral Airport serves the island of Fuerteventura in the Canary Islands, Spain
. It is 5km south west of the capital Puerto del Rosario.
How can I fly There?
Over thirty airlines fly into Fuerteventura Airport from many cities in Europe, most routes are year round but some are seasonal. A mix of charter, budget and schedule services are available.
How do I get to the City or my Resort?
The airport is just 10 minutes from the resort of Caleta de Fusta and 35 minutes from Corralejo. Bus routes 10 and 3 go to Caleta de Fusta and the city, Puerto del Rosario. You can find taxis outside arrivals. Driving there is easy, you can pick up your hire car from the offices on P floor and then use the FV1 and 2 roads to get to your resort or the city.
What Facilities are at the Airport?
There are 2 information desks at the airport should you have any enquiries or feel a little lost! Three banks have branches at the airport and ATMs are located around the terminal for all your money services.
What if I Need Special Assistance?
Aena offers a ‘barrier free’ service for passengers with reduced mobility, at all its airports in Spain. You can request assistance by calling Aena information service.
I am Getting Hungry…
You can have a Mediterranean style meal at Caffe di Fiore or treat yourself to some Iberian tapas at Detiesa Santa Maria. If you just want a sandwich go to Pans and Company and treat yourself to ice cream afterwards at Haagen-Dazs.
I’m Bored, can I go Shopping?
There are a few shops at the airport for you. Thinking of taking some Canary Island tastes home? You should visit Delicious, they have local honey and rum just for starters, or try out the mojo sauce. For gifts and souvenirs head for Thinking Canarias, they have all kinds of handicrafts and local products. Canariensis is a duty free store with a wide range of products and special promotions, many designer brands are featured there, such as Lacoste and Calvin Klein. Buy yourself a pair of sunglasses or a new watch at Lava accessories shop. If you just need a newspaper and a bottle of water, go to Relay.
Is There an Airport Hotel?
Unfortunately not, the nearest hotel is the Horizonte Bay. It has 3 star apartments and is 4.5km from the airport, a 15 minute drive away. They have a swimming pool and gym for you to use and you can dine at their restaurant. The hotel offers a shuttle bus service to Caleta de Fuste beach, if you are staying a little longer.
Hiring a car from the airport will not only get you to your accommodation more quickly but will also give you the freedom to visit the attractions of the island. Head for Corralejo and the Sand Dune Park where you’ll think you’ve been transported to Saudi Arabia
There, sand dunes the size of small mountains move slowly through the park carried grain by grain by the strong winds that are also a boon for wind and kite surfers. Try to visit Lobos Island where the isolation and tranquillity will wash away all the cares and worries of daily life.