Car Hire in Germany with Rhinocarhire
Experience the unparalleled charm of Germany – a country that seamlessly weaves ancient history with modern innovation. Renowned for its sprawling forests, fairy-tale castles, advanced industry, and rich traditions, Germany is a treasure trove awaiting exploration. And there’s no better way to uncover its wonders than by hitting the road.
Discovering Germany – At Your Pace:
Germany is adorned with an extensive Autobahn network, immaculately maintained roads, and signages that prioritize clarity – making it a haven for drivers. But when you're venturing into this realm for the first time, it's essential to acquaint yourself with the nation's unique driving customs.
- Speed Limits: While portions of the Autobahn lack specific speed limits, recommended speeds hover around 130 km/h. Urban areas typically enforce a 50 km/h limit, while out-of-town roads sit at 100 km/h.
- Priority to the Right: In areas without traffic signals, vehicles from the right generally have the right-of-way.
- No Overtaking: Vehicles are forbidden from overtaking on the right on autobahns and highways. Always overtake from the left.
Rhinocarhire – Your Trusted Road Companion:
Embarking on a German sojourn with Rhinocarhire translates to a journey without hiccups. Here’s why:
- Extensive Fleet: Whether you fancy a cozy compact car for city expeditions or a robust SUV for alpine adventures, we've got you covered.
- Transparent Pricing: With no hidden costs and competitive rates, your budget remains intact.
- Local Insights: Our in-house experts ensure you’re equipped with localized tips and route recommendations.
Weather-Influenced Car Hire Choices:
Germany's diverse climate, characterized by cold winters and mild summers, often plays a decisive role in vehicle selection:
- Winter: If you're venturing into snow-clad regions, especially Bavaria and the Black Forest, it's wise to opt for an all-wheel-drive vehicle. Additionally, winter tires are not just a recommendation – they're mandatory during the snowy season.
- Summer: Convertibles are a popular choice, letting you soak in Germany's beauty under a warm sun.
Noteworthy Driving Routes:
- Romantic Road: Traverse a 400 km route brimming with medieval towns and the majestic Neuschwanstein Castle.
- German Alpine Road: Experience the Bavarian Alps in all their splendor, passing through picturesque villages and pristine lakes.
First Time in Germany? Essential Tips:
- Parking: Blue signs with a white 'P' indicate parking zones. In city centers, 'Parkscheinautomaten' (ticket machines) are common, requiring you to display the ticket on your dashboard.
- Environmental Zones: Many German cities have "Umweltzonen" or environmental zones to combat pollution. Ensure your vehicle has the necessary 'Umweltplakette' (emission sticker).
- Tolls: Majority of the roads are toll-free for cars. However, if you're driving a larger vehicle, tolls apply on autobahns.
- Headlights: Use your headlights at all times, even during the day.
Three of the top airports in Germany, along with their distances to their respective cities, are as follows:
Frankfurt Airport (Flughafen Frankfurt am Main):
Location: Frankfurt am Main
Distance to City Center: Approximately 12 kilometers (7.5 miles)
Munich Airport (Flughafen München):
Location: Munich (München)
Distance to City Center: Approximately 29 kilometers (18 miles)
Berlin Tegel Airport (Flughafen Berlin-Tegel "Otto Lilienthal") (Note: Berlin Brandenburg Airport (BER) has largely replaced Tegel as the primary airport for Berlin):
Distance to City Center: Approximately 8 kilometers (5 miles)
Germany beckons with its rich tapestry of history, culture, and natural beauty. And with Rhinocarhire by your side, your German adventure is set to be an enthralling chapter in your travel diary. Book your perfect vehicle today and embark on a journey of discovery, freedom, and unmatched experiences.
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for today's best prices.