Daily Car Hire Rates in Brisbane
*daily rates in Brisbane based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Brisbane Car Hire - Did You Know?
- It's the third biggest city in Australia with over two million people.
- The city is susceptible to floods, the worst occurring in 1974 and in January 2011.
- Billboard rated it amongst the top five International Music Hotspots.
- It's home to the world's first Koala Bear sanctuary at Lone Pine which opened in 1927.
- The city is sport mad and will bid to host the 2024 Olympics having already held the 1982 Commonwealth Games.
Nearest Petrol Stations to Brisbane
See the nearest petrol stations to Brisbane below, we recommend you plan head before you return the car to Brisbane to avoid any Refueling fees.
Brisbane Mini Guide
Brisbane lies on the Eastern coast of Australia and is the fastest growing city in this huge continent. The city of two million people has developed rapidly from being a country town but still retains its laid back atmosphere making it a great place to go on holiday. Brisbane is a port city which started out, like many places in Australia, as a penal colony and became the capital of the state of Queensland following a gold rush in the 19th century.
Driving in Brisbane can be a bit confusing due to one way streets. Whatever you do follow the signs closely when decided where to park as some road become clear ways after 4pm and offending cars are then towed.
If you are driving to Brisbane from other Australian cities you can get there on the Pacific Highway, the New England Highway or the Cunningham Highways. Coming from the west you would use the Ipswich Highway, from the northern coast the Bruce Highway.
It takes hardly any time at all to get from the centrally located Brisbane Airport to the heart of the city. The airport was built to the North of Brisbane River (which comes inland through the city from the Pacific Ocean) at a place called Eagle Farm. Upon arrival you will see offices for major car companies with whom we have selected you the best deals and these include Avis Car Hire, Budget Car Rental and Thrifty Car Rental. You can pick up your Rhino hire car from there and be at Brisbane downtown within 20 minutes.
Brisbane Airport is well connected domestically by carriers such as Qantas, Virgin Blue and Jetstar to all the other major cities in Australia. You can also get a number of international flights to places such as New Zealand, America and Asia. Because the domestic and international terminals have not been built close to each other there is an air train which takes passengers between those terminals of the airport.
There are a couple of good places in Brisbane to take the family if you want to see Australian wildlife. They are the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, which can be accessed via the Western Freeway, and Alma Park Zoo which is half an hour’s drive to the north of the city centre. Having a rental car in Brisbane also lets you explore some of the beautiful nearby natural areas such as Kangaroo Point. You can do Brisbane on a tight budget by visiting www.visitbrisbane.com.au and checking out their 'Fun for Free' section.
Brisbane is known for its beautiful weather, making it an ideal holiday destination that offers a range of activities. To experience all the river city has to offer check out Godo.com.au for a list of things to do in Brisbane for your next experience.
Latest Update from Brisbane:
– The 2017 BrisAsia Festival is set to be the biggest one yet. Visitors to the city will get to experience a mix of Asian and Brisbane culture with chances to taste the cuisine, watch a fashion parade and listen to Japanese storytelling. The festival takes place throughout the month of February.
- Brisbane suffered terrible floods in the summer of 2011 and even today some of the worst damage still hasn't been resolved. It's thought that summer flooding could become a regular problem in the future with global warming so be aware when you are staying in the city of the potential for problems