All pickup and drop off locations for car hire in Vienna:
- Vienna: Wien St. MarxAm Stadtpark 1 (im Hilton), Wien, 1030
- Vienna Airport: Car Return On Outdoor Parking!, Vienna, 1300
- Vienna Central Railway Station: Am Hauptbahnhof 1 Level 0, Vienna, 1100
- Vienna Centre: Car Return: Beethovenplatz 3, Vienna, 1010
- Vienna East: Trabrennstraße 4, Wien, 1020
- Vienna Kagran: Reifen Plankenauer, Vienna, 1220
- Vienna Kagran: Wagramer Str. 177, Wien, 1220
- Vienna South: C/o Porsche Wien-liesing, Vienna, 1230
- Vienna South West: Richard-strauss-straße 12, Vienna , A: 1230
- Vienna West: Railway StationFelberstr. 1, Wien, 1150
The most popular car rental agents in Vienna:
- Avis (Tel: +43 (0) 800 8757)
- Budget (Tel: +43 (0) 1 253 0856)
- Europcar (Tel: +43 (0) 1 866 1633)
- Hertz (Tel: + 43 (0) 1 795 32)
- Sixt (Tel: +43 (0) 1 505 26 40 00)
Vienna Mini Guide
Vienna is a city of contrasts which is steeped in years of tradition yet modern and progressive at the same time. It was founded in the 1st century CE by the Romans and today Austria’s capital city is renowned for being a cultural epicentre. The Habsburg court was founded there till it ended in 1918 with the abdication of Emperor Karl I. Although the overtly formal manners of that time are still apparent in much of Vienna’s society, there is also a thriving underground music scene with many independent labels.
Walking through the city centre you will see many of the impressive buildings which have given Vienna a place among the UNESCO list of World Heritage Sites. These include the town hall (Rathaus) the Museum of Art History, the Natural History Museum, the State Opera House, the Hofburg Palace and the buildings of the Austrian parliament.
Renting a car on arrival in Vienna is a good idea as Vienna International Airport is actually located in Schwechat, a town that is about 20 kilometres to the south east of the city itself. This will save you money in the long run as taxis cost 40 euros to get to Vienna, while giving you the freedom to see the city and its surroundings at your convenience.
Vienna International Airport is home to Austrian, the local airline, as well as other major international and low cost carriers. Should you wish to fly with either Ryanair or SkyEurope you may have to go to other cities in Austria such as Linz
, or Bratislava in Slovakia where Rhino cars are also available for hire. Do not drive faster than 130 kilometres per hour on the autobahns or you risk prosecution, while towns tend to have speed limits of 50.
Parking can be quite expensive in Austria, even if you use the Parkhaus parking garages. Park and ride facilities are often the cheapest way to leave your vehicle in a secure place. If you do need to park in town then parking tickets can be purchased from the newsagents. Mark your time of arrival on the ticket. It normally costs just over one euro per hour.
In Austria you must have by law the safety equipment of warning triangle, reflective vest and first aid kit in your vehicle while a Highway Toll Sticker is also required on every car. Ask your Rhino car hire representatives about this if you have any questions.
Common Questions from our customers...
- what is your age limit car hire Vienna
- I want car hire Vienna with no excess
- can I rent a car one way from Vienna?
- can you arrange Vienna car hire one way?
- do you offer car hire Vienna with free additional driver?
- I want car hire in Vienna with no excess
- what is the best website for Vienna car hire
- looking for long term car rental in Vienna
- Under 25 car hire in Vienna
- Can I rent a 4x4 in Vienna with Rhino?