Daily Car Hire Rates in Klagenfurt
*daily rates in Klagenfurt based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Klagenfurt Car Hire - Did You Know?
- The full name is Klagenfurt am Worthsee, and it’s the capital of the Carinthia region.
- It is said to have been founded after the slaying of the Lindwurm – a dragon that lived nearby.
- It has suffered almost every kind of disaster in its lifetime.
- A canal was built linking the town to the Worthsee to enable the effective movement of timber cut around the town.
- It’s actually a thriving, happy and not at all scary place to visit – really!
Nearest Petrol Stations to Klagenfurt
See the nearest petrol stations to Klagenfurt below, we recommend you plan head before you return the car to Klagenfurt to avoid any Refueling fees.
Klagenfurt Mini Guide
Known in full as Klagenfurt am Worthersee, Klagenfurt is the capital of a state in the south of Austria and it is divided into 15 different districts. This capital of Carinthia is the sixth largest city in the whole of Austria and has almost 100,000 inhabitants. Dotted around the city are some impressive buildings including Klagenfurt city hall which has an eye catching red roof and white facade.One of the most admirable sights is a statue of a winged dragon in a fountain. This dragon was apparently slain when Klagenfurt was founded.
The city preceded to have a troubled history in which it was ravaged by fire and disease before being sacked in a peasant's war. At the beginning of the 19th century Napoleon destroyed the city walls and the main Klagenfurt train station was wiped out in World War II. Klagenfurt is a beautiful part of Austria and is situated on the Lake Worthersee and the River Glan making for many picturesque settings. There are many different suggestions for where the name Klagenfurt comes from which means 'ford of complaints' or 'ford of lament'.
All around as far as the eye can see are forest covered mountains which are caked in snow during the winter months. If you plan to tackle this snow then your hire car can come with a range of optional extras such as snow tyres for your driving experience and ski racks for your equipment.
Latest Update from Klagenfurt :
- The Fuchs Chapel, part of St Egyd's Church has just completed a makeover that has taken twenty years. The vivid illustration depicts a timeline of the church in the history of Klagenfurt and the chapel opens this summer to visitors on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Donations in lieu of entry are welcomed.
Klagenfurt - a journey through the city