Cheapest car hire in Northwich
Van / minivan
*daily rates in Northwich based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
select [type] from [customtable_price_data] where NodeID='20649' order by january;select [January],[Feburary],[March],[April],[May],[June],[July],[August],[September],[October],[November],[December] from [customtable_price_data] where NodeID='20649' order by january;
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Useful things to know about Northwich
- Northwich was an independent town but has now been subsumed by the growth of Chester
- It was an important salt mining town and there have been many cases of subsidence in the town as the old salt mines collapse
- The town existed in Roman times when it was called Condate
- Its oldest store is Frank Roberts Bakery which celebrated its 130th anniversary this year
Northwich Mini Guide
What can you Tell me About Northwich?
Northwich is an ancient town dating back at least to Roman times and was an important stopping point on the extensive Roman road network in the region. It became a market town and quietly thrived until the discovery of salt created a boom. It also created a geographical problem as many parts of the town collapsed into the holes left by salt extraction and some of the caverns are still being dealt with today.
How Easy is it to get into Northwich?
There are two main airports which serve Northwich and Chester; Manchester International Airport
and Liverpool’s John Lennon Airport
. They are roughly the same distance apart but Manchester has a far larger range of flights from around the world giving easier access to the town. From both airports it’s possible to catch a train nearby that will take you into Chester from where you can hire a car or even in Northwich itself if you want to wait until you reach your destination.
What is There to do or see in Northwich?
Northwich seems to be your average satellite town at first glance but it has three major festivals a year including a motorcycling event, the Northern Strongman Challenge Festival and a medieval festival celebrating the history of the town. Chester
is close by with its great opportunities to shop and its extensive Roman heritage. Outside Northwich, Liverpool and Manchester are within an hour should you want some big city entertainment or even great football!
Latest Update from Northwich:
- Over the August Bank Holiday weekend you can enjoy the annual Northwich Festival at which you'll be treated to sporting, gastronomical and music events. There's fun all day for all the family.