Renting a car in Peru
Renting a car in Peru means you can travel around one of the most beautiful countries in South America in comfort and at your own leisurely pace. We have a wide range of vehicles to choose from depending on your needs, budget and the size of your party travelling. If you are after the cheapest option then we have an economy car hire range with cars such as the Opel Corsa and Ford Fiesta to choose from. All of our cars come with the option of a manual or automatic gearbox depending on your preference.
We compare prices from all the main car rental suppliers such as Hertz, Alamo and Avis as well as more local suppliers in order to get you the very best price and deal on your car rental in Peru. Our booking engine is easy to use, safe and secure and you can obtain a quote in moments. If you have any questions or are unsure of anything then we have a helpful and experienced customer services team on hand to answer any of your questions.
Most popular rental cars in Peru are:
Make / Model
Toyota Land Cruiser
Suzuki APV 8 Seater
Should you rent a car in Peru?
Having rental car in Peru gives you the freedom to see such amazing sites as Lake Titicaca, the world’s highest navigable lake and Machu Picchu, the ruins of an ancient Incan city which sit splendidly in the midst of moss covered mountains.
Is it safe to rent a car in Peru?
Car rental in Peru is a safe way to see the country as some forms of public transport can be quite treacherous due to poor driving. Defensive driving is wise to minimise the risk of a minor accident, local drivers can appear aggressive and even a small bump or scratch on a rental car could result in a big bill if you don't have excess protection.
- Peru was once home to the Inca Empire and also the Norte Chico civilization which is one of the oldest in the world
- The name Peru is derived from Birú, the name of a local ruler who lived near the Bay of San Miguel, Panama, in the early 16th century
- A common dish eaten in Peru is ceviche which is seafood marinated in lime juice
- The currency in Peru is the Nuevo Sol (PEN)
- More than half of Peru is covered by jungle and rainforests. In particular the Amazon Rainforest is the most well known in the world
- If you're renting a car in Peru, world-leading rental agents such as Europcar, Budget, Alamo and Hertz are all well represented in Peru offering great value and high quality vehicles
Is it difficult to drive in Peru?
Peru has a huge range of experiences that travellers can enjoy including the magnificent expanse of the Amazon rainforest, the lost Inca city of Machu Picchu, national parks and stunning scenery. Hiring a car in Peru is probably the best way to get around and see all that this fascinating country has to offer.
It's not diffucult to drive safely in Peru, however hiring an SUV like the Toyota Rav4 is worth consideration. A 4x4 will all you to get off the main roads and explore some of the more harder to reach areas. Take extra care when venturing beyond the security of the city limits and check restrictions with the car hire company before planning your route.