Daily Car Hire Rates in Bologna
*daily rates in Bologna based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Bologna Car Hire - Did You Know?
- Bologna is home to the world's oldest university, the University of Bologna founded in 1088.
- It's the second richest city in Italy in terms of GDP and ranks in the top five in terms of quality of life.
- The city was the 2000 Capital of Culture, the first of the new millennium.
- In 1857 it annexed itself to Sardinia after falling out with the Vatican.
- Bologna has hot dry summers and cold, damp winters.
Bologna Mini Guide
Bologna in Italy is about 80 km (50 miles) north of Florence
. In pre-Roman times, Bologna was the site of the Etruscan town of Felsiena. By the 11th century, Bologna had emerged as one of the northern Italy's first independent city states; today it is the capital of the Emilia Romagna region.
Bologna is a vibrant and cultural city of Italy and has a big student population which as in any town always provides an energetic and thriving nightlife scene.
There are numerous clubs in Bologna offering all types of music eras back to the days of punk and rock and 1970's disco fever.
There are several cinemas and a theatre and opera called the Teatro Communale which is where for the first time in Italy, Wagner was heard. This is the main music venue in Bologna. There are plenty of shopping choices available with all the main large Italian stores being present along with both flea markets and antique markets.
The city is linked to Milan
and Bologna by the A1 and also has a train station with frequent services to Rome, Milan and Bologna.
Bologna is the place where Spaghetti Bolognese originated from and red Lambrusco and Sauvignon Blanc are produced from the grapes from the nearby hills. The city is accredited with having the finest cuisine in Italy which surely says something! Research your eating places carefully and you'll be in foodie heaven!
The area called Via Rizzoli is where you will find an abundance of trattorias, cafes, restaurants and take away foods.
Latest Update from Bologna:
Summer can get very hot in Bologna and spring is often said to be the best time to visit. Flights are available from many UK airports including Manchester.
-Bologna Tourism is currently promoting the architectural aspects of the city with a series called 'Hidden Corners'. These take in the porticos that the city is known for as well as quieter back streets where few people venture. Check out the selection at www.bolognawelcome.com.
- With an exact date yet to be announced, this September will see Italy's premier jazz event, the Bologna Jazz Festival, take place in the city. Top names from around the world will perform nightly for your entertainment. See bolognajazzfestival.com for more details.