Commencing Your Grecian Odyssey from Athens Airport:
Athens Eleftherios Venizelos International Airport stands as a central hub for travelers looking to experience the ancient wonders and vibrant modern life of Greece. To make the most out of your Greek getaway, consider renting a car right from the heart of Athens Airport with Rhinocarhire.
Navigating Out of Athens Airport:
After landing and completing airport formalities, head to the car rental desks situated conveniently within the arrivals area. Once you've picked up your rental:
- Exit Routes: Athens Airport is directly connected to the Attiki Odos highway, ensuring a smooth drive to downtown Athens and other destinations in the region.
- Signage: Greek road signs are typically bilingual, with both Greek and English inscriptions, making it easier for tourists to find their way.
Essential Driving Tips for Athens and Surrounding Areas:
- Road Conditions: Major roads and highways around Athens are well-maintained. However, smaller streets in ancient parts of the city can be narrow and winding.
- Traffic: Athens can be bustling, with peak traffic hours in the morning and evening. Plan your drives accordingly.
- Tolls: Some highways leading out of Athens have tolls. It's a good idea to keep some euros handy or ask Rhinocarhire about electronic toll payment options.
Why Choose Rhinocarhire in Athens:
- Varied Selection: Whether you fancy a compact car for city tours or a larger vehicle for group trips, Rhinocarhire has you covered.
- Transparent Pricing: With no hidden fees, you can rest easy knowing what you're paying for.
- Local Knowledge: Rely on our local expertise and 24/7 customer support for a seamless driving journey.
Exploring Athens and Its Vicinities:
Armed with your rental car, dive into Athens' rich tapestry of ancient ruins, like the iconic Acropolis and the Temple of Olympian Zeus. Beyond the city boundaries, places such as Cape Sounion, the Temple of Poseidon, and the beautiful beaches of the Athenian Riviera await your discovery.
Tolls:Attiki Odos Toll:
The Attiki Odos is a tolled highway. Toll booths are located along the route, including the section leading to Athens Airport. You'll need to pay a toll to use this highway. Toll payments can be made in cash, credit card, or electronic toll collection (ETC) systems. Ensure that you have local currency or a valid payment method when driving on toll roads.
EV Charging Points:
Athens Airport provides electric vehicle (EV) charging points in its parking facilities. These charging stations offer various charging speeds and are suitable for both short stops and longer stays. Charging fees may apply, so it's advisable to check the airport's website or contact the parking facility for the most up-to-date information regarding EV charging options.
Pickup and Drop-Off:
Athens Airport has designated areas for passenger pickup and drop-off. These areas are well-signposted and typically located in front of the terminals. Be sure to follow the airport's instructions and signage to access the appropriate zones.
When collecting your hire car from the airport you should go to the companies’ desks in the arrivals hall but as the desks can become terribly busy at peak times, we would recommend pre-booking and sending a driver through to sort out the final paperwork whilst others in the group collect the luggage.