Daily Car Hire Rates in Newbury
*daily rates in Newbury based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Newbury Car Hire - Did You Know?
- Newbury is best remembered for the demonstrations at the nearby Greenham Common Air Base.
- It was founded in the 11th century by the Normans.
- The name comes from ‘New Borough’ as it was a completely new settlement.
- Newbury Castle isn’t actually in Newbury!
- Newbury was the setting for two battles in the English Civil War.
Nearest Petrol Stations to Newbury
See the nearest petrol stations to Newbury below, we recommend you plan head before you return the car to Newbury to avoid any Refueling fees.
Newbury Mini Guide
The countryside around Newbury is pretty and the town borders the banks of the River Kennet, while it is also possible to walk along the Kennet and Avon Canal. There are two other rivers, the River Lambourne and the River Enbourne, and they contribute to making Newbury a very green and pleasant area of England.
Newbury is quite a small town and only around 32,000 people live there. There is also a USAF army base near to Newbury at Greenham. The main road to go through Newbury is the A4 road which goes all the way from London
to Avonmouth in Bristol
passing towns such as Reading, Newbury, Hungerford and Marlborough along the way. The A34 road was also built to the west as a bypass to relieve the amount of congestion in Newbury.
To the north of Newbury you can join the M4 motorway which goes from London to the West country, including the cities of Cardiff and Bristol. Newbury is just off the M4, about equidistant from the large and fast growing towns of Reading and Swindon. We offer rental cars in Newbury and all the aforementioned towns and cities.
From Newbury the closest airport is the five terminal London Heathrow which is one of the world’s biggest and busiest airports with flights going to countries all over the world with many different airlines.
Latest Update from Newbury:
- If you like horse racing and are in Newbury at the end of November you can see the famous Hennessy Gold Cup race being run at the Newbury Winter Festival. Tickets start from £20.