Daily Car Hire Rates in Huddersfield
*daily rates in Huddersfield based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Huddersfield Car Hire - Did You Know?
- Huddersfield has been a market town since Saxon times.
- It’s located halfway between Leeds and Manchester.
- The town is Britain’s tenth largest.
- Sir John Betjeman described the Grade I listed railway station as the second most beautiful in Britain.
- The town was the centre for the Luddite rebellion during the Industrial Revolution.
Nearest Petrol Stations to Huddersfield
See the nearest petrol stations to Huddersfield below, we recommend you plan head before you return the car to Huddersfield to avoid any Refueling fees.
Huddersfield Mini Guide
The Peak District was one of the first national parks to be created in England and it's moorland is mostly made of gritstone and limestone. The Peak District is the world’s second most popular national park coming only after Mount Fuji National Park in Japan. It's definitely worth a visit and a hire car in Huddersfield is a comfortable way to travel around the area. The more than 500 square kilometres that make up the Peak District cover the southern end of the Pennines and many counties including Greater Manchester, Staffordshire, Derbyshire and Cheshire.
The Yorkshire Dales are also a fantastic place to go walking and enjoy nature and is similarly characterised as an upland area and a national park. These dramatically beautiful river valleys and the hills that lie between them provide a popular area to go caving and potholing. The dales have around 10 systems of caverns on offer.
Huddersfield’s economy used to be based on the textile industry but now tourism is the main focus. The town has a host of restaurants, bars and places to stay, while there is a large shopping centre and an outdoor market to cover your retail needs. There are more listed buildings in Huddersfield, which is a university town, than anywhere else in the country bar Bristol and Westminster.
In your hire car it is only a short drive south west to Manchester. Manchester Airport is one of the world’s best and has flights to many destinations across the globe. It is also possible to pick up your Rhino rental car from Manchester
or it's airport. However, the nearest international airport is actually at Leeds Bradford
Latest Update from Huddersfield:
- St Patrick wouldn't normally be a saint celebrated in Huddersfield but that won't stop the city going to town on the 17th March with a street procession, live music acts and plenty of the dark stuff flowing in the local pubs.