Daily Car Hire Rates in Dartford
*daily rates in Dartford based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Dartford Car Hire - Did You Know?
- Dartford is 16 miles from central London.
- Its original name was Darent’s Ford, meaning a crossing of the River Darent.
- It was an important stop on the pilgrimage route to Canterbury.
- The Knights Templar had a manor at Sutton-at-Hone, now a National Trust property.
- The Dartford Manor was mentioned in the Domesday Book.
Nearest Petrol Stations to Dartford
See the nearest petrol stations to Dartford below, we recommend you plan head before you return the car to Dartford to avoid any Refueling fees.
Dartford Mini Guide
Why Visit Dartford?
Dartford is a small town which has a great deal of industrial and cultural importance which was home to one of the very first paper mills in England. Mick Jagger of The Rolling Stones was born in Dartford and went to grammar school there.
Where is it and How Can I Get There?
The town of Dartford is located around 16 miles from London
to the south east. It is the primary town in the borough of Dartford. The railway station in the town is on three routes and there are a number of roads into the town centre.
What’s the Story?
Dartford is near the River Darent from where its name is derived. The old London to Dover road crossed there and so Darent and ford were combined to make Dartford. Dartford’s industrial beginnings were around the River Darent and included brewing ales and beers plus the cleaning of wool called fulling.
What is of Interest?
The Mick Jagger Centre for Arts and The Orchard Theatre are Dartford’s two performing arts houses. There is also a museum located in the library building and a 26 acre park in the town centre. The annual dartford Festival is the largest free event in the southeast of England and this year will incorporate the Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations.
Travelling beyond Dartford?
There are plenty of places outside of Dartford that can be reached by car including Rainham Hall and Red House; both are around 5 miles away. For the golfer there are plenty of courses close by in the surrounding area.
Shopping and Souvenirs
Everyone loves to shop and the Orchards Shopping Centre in the town has dozens of retailers, barrow traders and a coffee shop.
Wine and Dine in Dartford
There is plenty of choice when it comes to food with the likes of Nandos, TGI Friday’s and Pizza Express. For something different, head to The Plough, a modern British Gastropub. that serves a wide range of dishes. For the night time there are no end of pubs and clubs like The Crayford Arms, Tollgate or The Windmill.
Latest Update from Dartford:
- If you're at a loss on how to spend a summer evening, there are free band concerts from the end of May at the Sir Henry Wellcome Bandstand.
- Let you hair down on the 21st and 22nd of July at the renowned Dartford Festival. Thousands attended last year's festival, despite the poor weather, and the organisers are hoping for an even bigger 2013.