Daily Car Hire Rates in Budapest Airport
*daily rates in Budapest Airport based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Customer questions about Budapest Airport car hire
Hi, If I hire a vehicle in Budapest and want to use it in Croatia, Slovenia and Bosnia, are there restrictions?
Hi, this can depend on the car rental provider. If you can please confirm your pick up dates and time, I can then get a quote and check the cross border terms and conditions for you.
Budapest Airport Car Hire - Did You Know?
- Budapest Airport is alternatively known as Budapest Ferihegy Airport.
- The airport can handle large planes like the Boeing 747.
- Budapest has five main airports.
- Budapest Airport is named after a great Hungarian composer and musician.
- If there is bad weather at Budapest Airport planes can sometimes be diverted to neighbouring countries.
Nearest Petrol Stations to Budapest Airport
See the nearest petrol stations to Budapest Airport below, we recommend you plan head before you return the car to Budapest Airport to avoid any Refueling fees.
Budapest Airport Mini Guide
Budapest Airport, now named after the composer Franz Liszt, is found ten miles from the city centre. Last year it welcomed nearly 9m passengers through its terminals. Ample parking is found amongst the 2,500 spaces in the vicinity of the terminal buildings.
How you can get There
44 scheduled airlines and six chartered ones use the airport. Most low cost airlines operate from Terminal 1 whilst the national carrier Malev, operates from Terminal 2. The busiest low cost operator there is Wizzair with flights to nearly 20 destinations across Europe.
From Terminal 1 a train goes to Nyugati station from which you can access regional and national trains. The 200E bus collects passengers from Terminal 2 and then Terminal 1, depositing them at the metro line 3 station for access to the city centre. REA have a direct bus from Terminal 1 and 2 direct to Roosevelt Square in the city whilst the airport shuttle bus will also take you to city wide destinations.
Malev have a shuttle bus of their own which only takes Malev clients. One taxi company only is allowed to operate at the airport – look out for Fotaxi on the vehicles waiting outside both terminal buildings. If you are hiring a car from the airport, the companies’ desks are found to the left of the exit door from arrivals in Terminal 1 and to the right of the doors in Terminal 2. The airport can get quite busy so it’s often worth sending a party member through to queue up at the desk whilst others collect luggage. Getting to your destination from the airport is easy using the Ulloi Road to the city ring road.
If you Need Help or Information
The public information desk is found, along with the Tourinform desk, in Terminal 1 in the arrivals central hall. There they deal with all aspects of onward travel including accommodation and transport and can answer questions relating to your stay at the airport.
Facilities Available at Budapest Airport
- There are no banks operating at the airport however a branch of Interchange operates on either side of security in both terminals. ATMs are readily available around the airport site. There’s also a post office offering full postal services in Terminals 1 and 2.
- Shopping at Budapest Airport is good with the SkyCourt Mall having an excellent range of shops including top fashion labels; Boss, Ralph Lauren, Moa and Burberry. Other shops include Szamos; a marzipan shop, a Hungarian speciality, plus Hungaricum, a shop dedicated to selling the best of Hungarian produce. There is a duty free shop, operated by German retailer Heinemann, which sells alcohol, tobacco products, perfumery and gifts.
- Eating at the airport tends to lean towards fast food with KFC, Costa and Burger King prominent but for more delicious fare try the Airport Bistro which serves traditional Hungarian cuisine or for a lighter snack, pick up something fresh from the bakery.
- Should you require medical assistance please contact a member of staff as first aid facilities are available at the airport.
- Wi-Fi is available in the airport, free of charge.
Budapest Airport offers a comprehensive service to all passengers with reduced mobility but it’s helpful to the airport to advise them of your needs at least 48 hours before arriving. If this isn’t possible, general assistance is available for disabled travellers but it is recommended that you inform your airline before travelling so that necessary steps can be taken to assist you. The airport conforms to EU law on disability provision.
Latest Update from Budapest Airport:
– Budapest airport has been awarded the title of ‘Best Airport in the region’ for the fourth year in a row. The title is based on the opinions of customers regarding service and facilities at the airport.
- Budapest Airport's Terminal 1 closed this spring due to under capacity and all traffic has moved to Terminal 2. Despite this, there are nearly twenty new routes operating to the airport this summer, mainly due to a massive expansion in Wizzair's operations and it is likely that possible overcrowding of Terminal 2 may see Terminal 1 reopen soon.