*daily rates in Stuttgart Airport based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
See the nearest petrol stations to Stuttgart Airport below, we recommend you plan head before you return the car to Stuttgart Airport to avoid any Refueling fees.
Stuttgart Airport Mini Guide
Stuttgart Airport is found eight miles south of the city and served nine million passengers last year. Parking is easy with over 5,000 spaces located in ten parking areas around the terminal buildings. There are dedicated parking areas for women and disabled passengers as well as valet parking for those in a hurry.
Options to Get There
50 airlines fly into and from Stuttgart airport, including the budget airline German Wings who have a major base at the airport. There are a range of chartered, year round and seasonal flights as well as international and domestic scheduled flights at the airport.
Getting to Your Next Destination
S-Bahn stations, S2 and S3 take you from the airport station to Stuttgart’s central railway station from where you can travel to most German and some international cities. The journey time is around half an hour. There are many bus routes operating from the airport including those to Reutlingen, Esslingen and Tublingen. The bus stop is centrally located in front of the terminals. Taxis are readily available from outside the terminal buildings and offer a convenient way of getting into the city.
If you have pre-booked a hire car, the car hire companies can be found in Terminal 3 on Level 2. At busy times send a driver through to complete the paperwork whilst others collect the luggage. Your onward journey is easy with access to the A8 motorway direct from the airport road. Alternative routes include the B27. The A8 links Stuttgart with Karlsruhe and Munich
Public Information and Assistance
A public information desk is found in each terminal and can offer advice on airport matters, accommodation and your onward journey including rail and bus schedules. Lost luggage should also be reported to this desk.
Facilities at the Airport
- Banks and bureaux de change are found in all of the airport’s terminals and ATMs are dotted around the airport site.
- Shopping facilities at Stuttgart are good with designer stores such as Tommy Hilfiger, Esprit and S Oliver. Other shops include a bakery, sweetshop and a grocery store as well as travel accessories and a pharmacy.
- There are two excellent restaurants at the airport; Top Air and Red Baron, both of which offer exquisite dining experiences. For more budget conscious travellers there are bistros, cafes and fast food outlets including Burger King, Pizza Hut and McDonalds.
- There is a medical centre offering emergency and travel related treatment in Terminal 1 on level 2.
- Entertainment for the younger traveller is provided in a play area called Kiddieland and there is also an amusement arcade.
- Wi-Fi is available across the airport provided free by the airport operator and other providers can be accessed too at a charge decided upon by the provider.
Stuttgart Airport does all it can to help passengers with reduced mobility from offering free disabled parking close to the terminal, to dedicated, fully trained staff able to take passengers through the whole airport procedure. Please advise the airport of your requirements no later than two days before flying and inform your airline before travelling so that necessary steps can be taken to assist you in flight. The airport conforms to EU law on disability provision.