Daily Car Hire Rates in Oulu
*daily rates in Oulu based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Oulu Car Hire - Did You Know?
- We also offer vehicle rental at Oulu Airport.
- Oulu was founded in the 17th century by King Charles XI of Sweden.
- More than 140,000 people live in Oulu.
- Oulu means Ule River Fort in Swedish.
- Oulu is the sixth most populated city in Finland.
Nearest Petrol Stations to Oulu
See the nearest petrol stations to Oulu below, we recommend you plan head before you return the car to Oulu to avoid any Refueling fees.
Oulu Mini Guide
A hire car is a great way to explore Finland and whether renting for a few days from Oulu or for the duration of your trip from the airport, car hire in Oulu is convenient and cheap with Rhino. You could visit some of the following attractions. The Northern Ostrobothnia Museum, founded in 1896 and donated by the Museum Society to Oulu City in 1969 it is the most visited museum in the area. You can find it situated near to Ainola Park on Ainola Puisto. The cost is around three euros and free for under 18s. The building itself was finished in 1931 and designed by Oiva Kallio.
Spanning over four floors and covering 1100sq metres it is a sight to behold.
You can visit the museum from Tuesday to Sunday. The doors are open from May to August from 10am-6pm and for an extra hour on a Wednesday.
Use your hire car to visit the University of Oulu on Linnanmaa road. You can visit the Zoological Museum of the University of Oulu via the Biology Department. The exhibits focus mainly on Finnish and northern nature and native species. Being a university their main emphasis is for research and of course education.
About two million invertebrate and around 50,000 vertebrate species are on display in the museum. If creatures of this ilk interest you then admission is free.
The university is open all year round and the doors are open from 8.30am to 15.45 on weekdays. It is closed on Saturdays and open for four hours on Sunday starting at 11am.
Latest Update from Oulu:
- June has some unusual sporting events. First, on the 29th and 30th of June there's the Nallikari Beach Soccer Competition whilst, when you've finished the football, you can go straight to midnight golf, played in the endless summer day.