Daily Car Hire Rates in Odense
*daily rates in Odense based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Odense Car Hire - Did You Know?
- Until 1970 Odense was the seat of Odense County.
- Rosengardcentret shopping mall was set up in 1971 and it now contains 153 shops.
- In 2007 Odense became part of the Region of Southern Denmark.
- The University of Southern Denmark has its main campus in Odense.
- There are eight different gyms in Odense.
Nearest Petrol Stations to Odense
See the nearest petrol stations to Odense below, we recommend you plan head before you return the car to Odense to avoid any Refueling fees.
Odense Mini Guide
Odense is a beautiful and inspirational part of Denmark which is where writer Hans Christian Anderson grew up. This city is named after the Norse god Odin, so it is no wonder that the traditions of mythology and fairytale live on there.
Odense is one of the oldest cities of Denmark and is over 1,000 years old. That makes Odense a rich and fascinating place for people who are interested in Danish history to live. But Odense also remains important within Denmark as it is the third largest city in this Scandinavian country.
It is located on Funen Island, nevertheless you will find a hire car to be an invaluable way of getting around, particularly in the cold winter months. More than one hundred and fifty thousand people live there and it is the seat of Odense Municipality.
In the 18th century the assembly of Funen used to meet in Odense. It also has much religious significance having been the site of the Roman Catholic bishopric of Odense.
In terms of landmarks you can see the Cathedral of Saint Canute which drew pilgrims from far and wide to see it all throughout the Middle Ages.
However the most famous landmark is the Odin Tower which was constructed in 1935. Known as Odinstarnet, this had been the second tallest tower in Europe before it was blown up by a Danish Nazi group in 1944. A smaller commemorative tower was built in the park nearby to mark this unfortunate incident.
Latest Update from Odense:
- Many people think of Copenhagen as the city of Hans Christian Andersen but Odense was his home and it's there, in a celebration of childhood, the first Hans Christian Andersen City Games will be held this summer from the 7th to the 13th July.