*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Arrecife Car Hire - Did You Know?
- Arrecife has been the capital of Lanzarote since 1852.
- It is named after the reef that protects the shoreline along the beach.
- The city was founded in the 15th century.
- It was almost destroyed by a pirate called Dogan in 1571.
- The city is home to the island’s only desalination plant.
Nearest Petrol Stations to Arrecife
See the nearest petrol stations to Arrecife below, we recommend you plan head before you return the car to Arrecife to avoid any Refueling fees.
Arrecife Mini Guide
Arrecife is the capital of Lanzarote and is a lively port city approximately 5km from Arrecife airport. Buses operate from the airport to the city. About half of the Island’s population reside in Arrecife. It is the principle commercial and administrative area of the Island. The Grand Hotel, the tallest building on Lanzarote, dominates the skyline.
This hotel has a rotating restaurant at the top of the building where one can dine and take in the stunning views of the island.
There is a main seafront promenade and some parks. Some of the best shopping on the Island can be found here and a market is also held on the sea front on Wednesdays. A few of the attractions worth a visit are the El Charco de San Gines, a salt-water lagoon in the centre of the city surrounded by fishermen’s houses, La Casa de los Arroyo and the museums of Castles of San Jose and San Gabriel.
Ferries and cruise ships sail from the Puerto de los Marmoles to Las Palmas in Gran Canaria
Latest Update from Arrecife:
- The Arrecife Carnival period takes place from 18th February until the 1st March.
– Lanzarote is planning on opening the longest seafront promenade in the world! The promenade will start in Costa Teguise and finish in Puerto del Carmen and will pass the capital – Arrecife.
- Arrecife has this year begun to promote itself as a destination for holidaymakers who would normally head for the resorts. A list of traditional accommodation in the city is found on www.lanzarote-arrecife.com which enables tourists to stay in attractive accommodation and be able to experience the sights and sounds of the much overlooked city.