Cheapest car hire in La Palma Airport
5 seat minivan
*daily rates in La Palma Airport based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
select [type] from [customtable_price_data] where NodeID='11384' order by january;select [January],[Feburary],[March],[April],[May],[June],[July],[August],[September],[October],[November],[December] from [customtable_price_data] where NodeID='11384' order by january;
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Useful things to know about La Palma Airport
- Within five miles of the capital, the airport is convenient for all the resorts.
- The airlines flying most routes there are island hoppers from the other Canaries.
- Over a million passengers travelled through the airport last year.
- The airport opened to the public in 1972.
- It’s currently nearing completion of a transformation that will make your time in the airport more comfortable.
Car hire companies with desks at La Palma Airport terminal:
- Hertz (Phone: +34 922 428 594)
- Europcar (Phone: +34 922 426 192)
- Avis (Phone: +34 928 092 330)
- Thrifty (Phone: +34 922 428 594)
- Sixt Tel: (Phone: +34 871 180 192)
Pickup address for La Palma Airport car hire agents:
- Hertz - Villa de Mazo, 38700 Aeropuerto de la Palma
- Europcar - Apto. La Palma. C. La Bajita, LP-5, 38738 Villa de Mazo
- Avis - Aeropuerto De La Palma La Bajita Sin Numero Mazo, 38730 La Palma
- Thrifty - La palma ap, 38738 Villa de Mazo
- Sixt - Aeropuerto de, 38738 Santa Cruz de la Palma
Why should you hire a car at La Palma Airport:
You can hire a car in La Palma away from the airport, however there are many reasons to collect and return you hire car at La Palma Airport. All of the leading rental agents are based at the airport so competition for your business is strong and prices remain low. There are smaller independent rental agents around La Palma, however for convenience it is best to arrange La Palma Airport car hire upon arrival. Pre-book for the best prices and availability.
La Palma Airport Mini Guide
Where is La Palma Airport?
La Palma Airport serves the island of La Palma in the Canary Islands in Spain
. It is situated 8km south of the city of Santa Cruz de la Palma.
How can I fly There?
Most flights into La Palma are from Germany
or neighbouring Spain. Of course you can also island hop between the Canary Islands. From the UK there are only two charter services from Manchester
or London Gatwick
or you can travel through one of the main airport hubs at Amsterdam
Can I get to the City or my Resort Easily?
The easiest way is by car, you can drive from the airport to Santa Cruz de la Palma taking the LP138 and the LP123 highways. From there you can take the LP2 to Los Llanos. You would pick up your hire car from the offices at P floor in the airport terminal. If you don’t want to drive, then taxis are always available at the arrivals area. There is a bus service from the airport to Santa Cruz de la Palma and Los Llanos.
What Facilities Does the Airport Have?
If you need to change currency or use the ATM go to Caja Canarias bank on P floor. Nearby, you will find the airport information desk should you have any questions about the airport or the local area. A pharmacy is available for any last minute emergencies and is also situated on P floor.
What If I am Hungry?
If you are really hungry, head for Henry J Bean’s Bar and Grill and have an American style steak. For something more traditional have a meal at La Pausa. If it is just a light snack you are looking for, go to Ars for a sandwich or a have a coffee and pastry at Caffriccio.
I Forgot to buy a Gift, are There any Shops?
The best place to buy a gift is Jeronimo – they have lots of local and ethnic unusual items for you to choose from and most items are natural or recycled. For locally produced food and a wide selection of duty free goods, take a good look around Canariensis. Finally visit Isla Bonita for last minute souvenirs and a book to read on your travels.
Where can I Stay Nearby?
The 3 star Aparthotel Las Olas is just a 3 minute drive from the airport. It has 182 rooms with kitchen facilities and a mini market nearby. The complex has outdoor swimming pools and a gym and there is a Wi-Fi zone area.
What if I Need Special Assistance?
The airport offers free assistance to passengers with reduced mobility and advises that you contact them in advance for the best service.
Latest Update from La Palma Airport:
– In 2016 there was an increase in passenger numbers by 14.9% and for the first time since 2010 passengers exceeded the 1 million mark. La Palma has had the biggest growth in tourism of all the Canary Islands.
- Building of the new terminal at La Palma Airport is nearly complete and with the airport desperate for space, the building will open whilst final work is still being completed.Only two thirds of the gates will be open initially and the airbridges will not be finalised so when it does open in early summer, passengers will still have to walk to the planes. Everything is due to be finished by August and then La Palma will have a fabulous 21st century ready airport.