*daily rates in Tenerife North Airport based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
select [type] from [customtable_price_data] where NodeID='7548' order by january;select [January],[Feburary],[March],[April],[May],[June],[July],[August],[September],[October],[November],[December] from [customtable_price_data] where NodeID='7548' order by january;
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Car hire companies with desks at Tenerife North Airport include:
- Thrifty (Tel: +34 922 63 58 68)
- Hertz (Tel: +34 922 63 58 68)
- Cicar (Tel: +34 922 63 26 42)
- Avis (Tel: +34 928 09 23 30)
- Interrent (Tel: +34 912 10 67 69)
- Europcar (Tel: +34 911 50 50 00)
Pickup locations when hiring a car at Tenerife North Airport:
- Thrifty: Tenerife Norte Airport, 38297 San Cristóbal de La Laguna
- Hertz: Aeropuerto de Tenerife Los Rodeos, local 40, 38297 San Cristóbal de La Laguna
- Cicar: Autopista del Nte., 38297 San Cristóbal de La Laguna
- Avis: Aeropuerto Norte Los Rodeos, 38297 San Cristóbal de La Laguna, Santa Cruz de Tenerife
- Europcar: Carr. Gral. del Nte., Km 13,2, Local 42, 38297 San Cristóbal de La Laguna, Santa Cruz de Tenerife
- Interrent: San Cristóbal de La Laguna, 38297, 38297 Santa Cruz de Tenerife
Most popular hire cars booked at Tenerife North Airport:
- Economy: Volkswagen Polo (5 pax / 5 dr / 2 bag)
- Compact: Seat Leon (5 pax / 5 dr / 3 bag)
- SUV: Nissan Juke (5 pax / 5 dr / 3 bag)
- Family: Citroen Berlingo (5 pax / 5 dr / 3 bag)
- 7 Seat Minivan: Citroen C4 Grand Picasson (7 pax / 5 dr / 1 bag)
- 9 Seat Minivan: Renault Traffic (9 pax / 5 dr / 4 bag)
Is it worth hiring a car from Tenerife North Airport?
The quieter of the 2 airports in Tenerife, those flying into Tenerife North Airport could well be arriving for a quieter holiday and looking to while away the hours at the beach, however the north of the island holds so many hidden treasures and places to see only accessible by car it’s absolutely worth hiring a car from the north airport. For little more than the cost of an airport transfer you could have access to your own transport for your entire stay. Save on expensive taxi and guided tour fares by hiring a car at Tenerife North Airport
How much does it cost to hire a car from Tenerife North Airport?
Car hire at Tenerife North Airport (TFN) starts from as little at 6 EUR per day for an economy class car out of season. Expect to pay on average 20 EUR per day for the same car during peak times including summer holidays where a compact car starts from around 25 EUR per day and a 7 seat minivan around 40 EUR.
Which is the best car hire company at Tenerife North Airport?
- Thrifty: 8.5/10
- Orlando Rent a Car: 8.3/10
- Hertz: 8.3/10
- Enterprise: 8.3/10
- Sixt: 8.1/10
Tenerife North Airport Mini Guide (Los Rodeos)
Tell me About Tenerife Airport North
Tenerife Airport North was previously known as Los Rodeos Airport and is one of two airports on the island of Tenerife in Spain
. It is situated 11km from Santa Cruz de Tenerife and most resorts are within 20km. Car hire from Tenerife North Airport is modern, efficient and has great facilities.
How Would I get There?
There are many flights from the Spanish mainland but it is also possible to fly from Venezuela and Madeira
. The airport is the hub for connections to all seven Canary Islands. The busiest route is between Tenerife Airport North and Madrid Barajas Airport
with up to 40 flights daily.
How can I get to my Resort and the City?
There are many bus services available connecting the airport to the resorts and city, one popular route is the 102, a circular route around the island connecting the airport with Santa Cruz and Puerto de la Cruz. If you have booked car hire at Tenerife Airport North, you will find the Tenerife Airport North car rental offices on floor P at the airport. From the airport you can drive to Santa Cruz or Puerto de la Cruz using the TF5 motorway and then the TF1 takes you all around the island.
What’s at the Airport for me?
If you need to change money or use an ATM, you will find a bank Cajas Canarias on floor P. A pharmacy is available on P1 for any last minute emergencies. To relax in comfort at the airport, go to the mezzanine level, where the VIP lounge is located. For a small charge you can use the business centre or read the latest newspapers and have a coffee and a light snack.
What if I Need Extra Help at the Airport?
The airport offers assistance to all passengers with reduced mobility and promotes their ‘barrier free’ service. Please contact Aena information service for all your needs.
What can I buy at the Shops There?
To buy last minute gifts and souvenirs go to La Casa de los Balcones where they have a large selection of local crafts and ceramic items. You can also buy the famous mojo sauce there and some other local produce. If you have a sweet tooth you can buy hand made sweets at Lopez Echeto. A good range of duty free items is available at Canariensis, they have designer brands and lots of special offers. For some sweets and a magazine for the journey, head for Relay.
Can I get a Meal There?
There are a few coffee shops and bars at the airport for just a snack or light meal. Café Ritazza has an observation desk looking out over the airport so it’s a good place for a coffee and a hot Panini. You can learn a little history about Santa Cruz whilst having a glass of wine and a sandwich at Bar Tenerife. Café Careca and Bar Dorado are alternatives.
They Changed my Flight, Where can I Stay?
Hotel Escuela Santa Cruz has 4 stars and 65 modern rooms with free Wi-Fi. The hotel combines modern and traditional Canarian styles and has a central courtyard. It has a fitness centre and outdoor pool for your convenience. In the evening, if you don’t want to explore the streets of Santa Cruz the hotel has an excellent restaurant onsite, serving the best in local cuisine.
– Iberia Express has increased its number of flights from London Heathrow to Tenerife North, now up to 3 times a week.
- Tenerife North has now finalised reorganisation plans to separate island hopping flights from other domestic and international flights, saving time and reducing inconvenience for passengers who wish to travel within the Canary Islands.