Cheapest car hire in Barcelona Train Station
Van / minivan
5 seat minivan
*daily rates in Barcelona Train Station based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
select [type] from [customtable_price_data] where NodeID='11246' order by january;select [January],[Feburary],[March],[April],[May],[June],[July],[August],[September],[October],[November],[December] from [customtable_price_data] where NodeID='11246' order by january;
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Useful things to know about Barcelona Train Station
- Barcelona has many railway stations but the main one for links with other cities in Spain and France is Estacio-Sants.
- The station is found near the centre of the town.
- To access the trains, take the escalator indicating your train number.
- There are a good range of stores on the same floor as the ticket offices.
- Beware, you may have to take a number from a machine to indicate your turn when the station is busy.
Most popular car hire companies at Barcelona Train Station:
- Sixt (Tel: +34 871 18 01 92)
- Enterprise (Tel: +34 934 91 01 89)
- Hertz (Tel: +34 902 99 87 07)
- Avis (Tel: +34 902 11 02 93)
- Centauro (Tel: +34 966 36 03 60)
Car hire pickup locations for car hire at Barcelona Train Station:
- Sixt: Rambla de Catalunya, 74, 08007 Barcelona, Spain
- Enterprise: Estacion De Ave Sants Pza Dels Paisos Catalans, S/N, 08014 Barcelona, Spain
- Hertz: Carrer de Viriat, 45, 08014 Barcelona, Spain
- Avis: Carrer del Rector Triadó, N 104, 08014 Barcelona, Spain
- Centauro: Carrer de Béjar, 63-73, Local 8, 08014 Barcelona, Spain
Barcelona Train Station Mini Guide
The Main Railway Hub of Barcelona
Sants Estacio or Sants Station is the main railway station of the city of Barcelona and is situated in the west of the city. As well as being the largest main line station for destinations outside Barcelona it is also a hub for the city's metro lines L3 and L5 which are used by thousands of locals and tourists every day. A relatively new addition to the Sants transport services is the AVE – a high speed train which can take you from Barcelona to Madrid
in 2 hours 40 minutes on the direct service or up to 3 hours 10 minutes with stops. To accommodate this, large parts of the station were remodelled. It also has a direct train link with Barcelona El Prat Airport with trains running every 15 minutes.
There are several information offices around the station, depending on which particular service you are using.
Eating and Drinking
There are different eating establishments in the station according to how hungry you are, varying from McDonalds and cafes selling snacks, either to eat in or takeaway, to a full table service restaurant offering traditional Spanish food at lunchtime. Wi-Fii is currently available in McDonalds and the Ars cafe for you to keep in touch or look up information. There is even a hotel, the Hotel Barcelo Sants, above the station itself should you need an overnight stay and not want to venture too far.
Washrooms and Disabled Facilities
There are three different blocks of washrooms in Sants Station, one of which is normally closed on rotation for cleaning, thus ensuring they are kept clean round the clock, at each of these points you can also find at least one disabled toilet. Should you need assistance getting around the airport an aide may be provided, this should be booked at least 48 hours in advance by telephone, but if you turn up and need help just go to the Customer Services Desk and ask for assistance – you may have to wait a little while, but it will be provided. All platforms at the station have lifts which can accommodate wheelchairs.
Left Luggage and Baggage Storage
There are lockers available for luggage you may not want to take around the city with you, these are in two sizes – 80x60x40 cm and 90x60x50cm costing usually less than €5 for a 24 hour period. This is payable in change via a machine, however, there is also a change machine nearby if you do not have the correct money. Remember you must use cash for these – no cards!
There are several car hire companies with an office in the station, they are all located in the same area at the back of the station, to the right of McDonalds.
Latest Update from Barcelona Train Station:
- If you don't want to hire a car at the station but want to wait until later in your stay, you can get to most places within the city via the metro. There's a metro station in the Sants Station so you won't have far to walk with your luggage.
- Just two weeks ago the final stage of the high speed train network from Madrid to the south of France was completed. The Barcelona to Figueres section now means that it's possible to access the capital from the south of France in around three and a half hours.