Your Comprehensive Guide to Hiring a Car with Rhinocarhire in Las Palmas, Gran Canaria
Starting Your Journey: Las Palmas Airport (LPA)
Las Palmas, with its golden beaches, lively streets, and diverse culture, is a haven for travelers. To best explore this paradise, hiring a car from Rhinocarhire at Las Palmas Airport is a smart choice.
Essential Information for Car Hire:
- Valid driving license (International Driving Permit for non-EU citizens).
- Passport or ID for identity verification.
- Credit card in the main driver’s name.
Age Restrictions: Typically, the minimum age for hiring a car is 21. However, this can vary depending on the vehicle category. Drivers under 25 might be subject to a "young driver surcharge."
Fuel Policy: The car hire usually operates on a full-to-full fuel policy. Ensure to return the car with a full tank to avoid extra charges.
Additional Drivers: You can add extra drivers for a fee, but they must also present a valid driving license and meet age requirements.
Driving Out of the Airport:
Las Palmas Airport is well-connected with the GC-1 motorway, the island's main arterial road, making it convenient to drive to various destinations:
- Las Palmas city center: ~25 minutes via GC-1
- Maspalomas: ~30 minutes via GC-1
- Puerto Rico: ~40 minutes via GC-1
- Stay Right: Remember to drive on the right-hand side of the road.
- Parking: Las Palmas offers both street parking and public car parks. Blue zones indicate paid parking. Make sure to keep coins for parking meters.
- Seatbelts: They are mandatory for all passengers, both front and back.
- Alcohol Limit: The permissible blood alcohol limit is 0.05%. It's advisable to avoid alcohol if you plan to drive.
Attractions & Distances:
Roque Nublo: A symbolic natural monument of Gran Canaria, it's a 1-hour 20-minute drive via GC-15.
Casa de Colón: Located in the heart of Las Palmas, this museum is around 25 minutes from the airport via GC-1.
Playa de Las Canteras: A mere 30-minute drive from the airport via GC-1 will lead you to this renowned urban beach.
Catedral de Santa Ana: Situated in Vegueta, the old town, it’s approximately 25 minutes from the airport via GC-1.
Gran Canaria enjoys a temperate climate year-round. However, depending on your planned activities, you might want:
- A convertible for beach-hopping in summer months.
- An SUV if you plan on exploring mountainous regions or need more space.
Embarking on a journey in Las Palmas with Rhinocarhire allows you the freedom to craft your itinerary, ensuring you soak in every mesmerizing sunset, every historic alley, and every local delicacy. Remember to book in advance, especially during peak tourist seasons, to secure the best deals and vehicle choice. Happy travels!