Cheapest car hire in Oldham
Van / minivan
*daily rates in Oldham based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
select [type] from [customtable_price_data] where NodeID='7880' order by january;select [January],[Feburary],[March],[April],[May],[June],[July],[August],[September],[October],[November],[December] from [customtable_price_data] where NodeID='7880' order by january;
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Useful things to know about Oldham
- Oldham is part of the Metropolitan Borough of Oldham.
- Oldham is historically considered a part of Lancashire.
- Oldham was considered a boomtown at the height of the industrial revolution.
- Oldham is mostly a residential area nowadays.
- More than 100,000 people live in Oldham.
- Manchester, Liverpool and Leeds Bradford Airport bring air passengers to Oldham.
Oldham Mini Guide
Visit the north of England by hiring a car in Oldham. This large town is part of Greater Manchester. With a rental vehicle you can get out of the urban area and visit areas of stunning natural beauty including the Pennines Mountains. Oldham is also very interesting for its history. This was one of the hubs of the industrial revolution in England which was very remarkable for the massive production of cotton and other textiles. When those industries declined so did Oldham. In fact the area has been even more depressed recently given the worldwide financial crisis has made jobs harder to come by.
In that respect Oldham is something of a throwback to a bygone era when people worked longer hours in hard conditions to make England the powerful empire that it once was. It is sad that such a great town has fallen so far yet Oldham still has a great reputation in the fields of performing arts and further education. It is also very distinctive architecturally due to the presence of those looming old cotton mills.
More than 100,000 people live in Oldham so it is certainly a significant presence on the map of northern England.
Latest Update from Oldham:
- Join Mark Whiteley, a local historian for ghost walks of Oldham each Wednesday until the 12th December. You'll find out all about the chilling and gruesome events that have marked the history of the town since the 11th century and may even see some of the ghosts yourself.