Daily Car Hire Rates in Kings Lynn
Van / minivan
*daily rates in Kings Lynn based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
select [type] from [customtable_price_data] where NodeID='20563' order by january;select [January],[Feburary],[March],[April],[May],[June],[July],[August],[September],[October],[November],[December] from [customtable_price_data] where NodeID='20563' order by january;
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Kings Lynn Car Hire - Did You Know?
- You’ll often find King’s Lynn referred to as just Lynn
- Until the reformation, it was called Bishop’s Lynn and Henry VIII, taking control of the bishop’s lands, changed the name
- It was one of the first places in England to have a piped, underground water supply which was routed through elm tubes
- It’s a port town and for centuries, the main export was corn
- Other firsts for the country included being the first town to be bombed from the air during the Great War and the first to have city centre CCTV installed in the UK
King's Lynn Mini Guide
What can you Tell me About King’s Lynn?
The town developed as a fishing port then went on to export agricultural products. All this time it was controlled by the Bishop of Norwich
until the reformation when the lands moved to the king and the town’s name changed to reflect the move. As with many UK towns and cities, the recession has taken its toll on King’s Lynn which is now undergoing a multi-million pounds revamp whilst concentrating on attracting tourists to the town.
How do I get to King’s Lynn?
The nearest airport to King’s Lynn is in Norwich, forty miles away. It has a number of international routes, mostly serving holiday destinations. To access King’s Lynn from further afield, Luton
, East Midlands
or Birmingham airports
are the best choices depending on your departure point. There is a good, regular train service from Norwich and Birmingham to King’s Lynn should you prefer to hire a car in the town rather than at the airport. If not, rent a car at Norwich Airport
and make the short journey under your own steam.
What can I Do in King’s Lynn?
The town has many historic buildings dating from the time when it served the trading cities of the Hanseatic League. The guildhall is particularly fine. Outside the town you’re not far from Norwich and the Norfolk Broads whilst the beautiful beaches of the north Norfolk coast are a short hire car drive away.
Latest Update from Kings Lynn:
- The 14th to the 27th July sees a huge number of events that are part of the King's Lynn Festival. With a range of performances from classical to opera to jazz and comedy, there's something for everybody during the two week event.