Daily Car Hire Rates in Epsom
Van / minivan
*daily rates in Epsom based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
select [type] from [customtable_price_data] where NodeID='14101' order by january;select [January],[Feburary],[March],[April],[May],[June],[July],[August],[September],[October],[November],[December] from [customtable_price_data] where NodeID='14101' order by january;
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Epsom Car Hire - Did You Know?
- Epsom is home to the world famous horse race ‘The Derby’.
- It’s 18 miles from Charing Cross station and is a prime commuter town.
- It’s original name was Ebba’s Ham, meaning the village of Ebba.
- Epsom was mentioned in the Domesday Book as Evesham.
- It’s built on the chalk land of Epsom Down.
Epsom Mini Guide
Tell me Something About Epsom
Epsom is a leafy town set on the rolling landscape of Epsom Downs and a major commuter town for London. It began life as a Saxon settlement and was mentioned in the Domesday Book, admittedly though with an incorrect spelling – Evesham instead of Ebbasham! Today it is famous for the annual horse race – The Derby, and as the home of Chessington World of Adventures.
How Easy is it to get to Epsom?
It’s very easy. If you’re flying in then you could use Heathrow
Airports and from there take a train or bus that brings you to the heart of the town. Epsom is also accessible from both the Paddington to Penzance
rail route and the Portsmouth
route. From there it’s only a short journey into central London via Charing Cross.
What is There to Spend my Time Doing Whilst in Epsom?
There are regular race meetings at Epsom and the racecourse has tried to make the sport accessible to all by introducing themed meetings and bands playing on the racecourse before races. Tickets for the Derby meeting are like gold dust but the atmosphere on the day is magical. Others stay in Epsom for the adrenaline filled attractions of Chessington World of Adventures. Starting off small in the seventies, the theme park has grown to be one of the most popular in Europe and is regularly upgraded or added to so as to bring the crowds back again and again. Take a trip to the curiously named Nonsuch Park where Henry VIII built the Nonsuch Palace after wiping the village of Cuddingtonoff the face of the earth.
For those who want quieter activities, an early morning walk on the downs will see you in the company of training jockeys taking the horses out for their morning exercise. From there too you’ll have a great view out towards the boundaries of London and some of the taller of London’s buildings.
Latest Update from Epsom:
- A new and unusual attraction for Epsom is the Pre-Raphaelite Walk which takes in the area where Millais and Holman Hunt painted many of their pictures. The directions for the walk can be printed from www.epsom.townpage.co.uk and you can buy a guide book to the sights you'll discover on it from local bookshops or the council.
- This year, possibly the world's most famous horse race will take place at the Epsom Racecourse on Epsom Downs on June 1st. Get your tickets early for Derby Day from epsomderby.co.uk