Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport, commonly known as Detroit Metro Airport, is one of the largest transportation hubs in the United States. Located in Romulus, a suburb of Detroit, DTW caters to millions of travellers annually. As the gateway to the Motor City, this airport serves as an ideal starting point to discover Detroit's rich automotive history and vibrant cultural scene.
Benefits of Car Hire at DTW Airport with Rhinocarhire:
- Flexibility on the Go: The iconic landmarks of Detroit, from its historic motoring museums to its buzzing downtown, become easily accessible with your personal vehicle.
- Diverse Fleet: Whether you're looking for a nimble city car, a spacious SUV for family trips, or a luxury sedan, our extensive fleet caters to all needs.
- Clear Pricing Model: With Rhinocarhire, there's no fine print. Our pricing structure is straightforward, ensuring a hassle-free booking experience.
- Round-the-Clock Support: Our dedicated team is always ready to assist, making sure your car rental experience is smooth and satisfactory.
Driving in and Around Detroit:
- Exit Routes: From DTW, you can easily access Interstate 94 (I-94), which takes you straight to downtown Detroit and connects to other major highways.
- Toll Information: Michigan primarily uses toll bridges and tunnels. Always keep some cash handy, though most facilities accept cards.
- Road Status: Detroit's roads are generally in good condition. However, during winter, be prepared for snow and icy conditions.
- Traffic Insights: Morning (7-9 AM) and evening (4-6 PM) rush hours can be busier. If possible, avoid these times for a more relaxed drive.
- Fueling Up: Detroit has numerous gas stations across the city. Refueling is convenient and straightforward.
- EV Charging: The city supports sustainable driving, with many electric vehicle charging points available throughout Detroit.
Car Choices for Detroit's Climate:
Detroit experiences diverse seasons:
- Winter (December to February): Opting for a vehicle with all-wheel drive or winter tires can ensure safer driving on snowy roads.
- Spring (March to May) and Fall (September to November): Standard sedans or hatchbacks are suitable for the mild weather during these months.
- Summer (June to August): A car with good air conditioning would be ideal, given Detroit's warm summers.
Must-Visit Spots in and Around Detroit:
Detroit's rich history and culture offer a range of attractions. With your car from Rhinocarhire, don't miss the Detroit Institute of Arts, the historic Motown Museum, and the Henry Ford Museum. For automotive enthusiasts, the Detroit Historical Museum offers a deep dive into the city's motoring legacy. Beyond the city limits, places like Ann Arbor and the scenic shores of the Great Lakes are just a drive away, offering diverse experiences to cherish. Your journey through Detroit, with its blend of past glories and a promising future, is made all the more enriching with the freedom your rental car provides.