Cadiz, the oldest continuously inhabited city in Spain, and possibly in western Europe, is not just a city but a portal to the past. Nestled on a narrow slice of land surrounded by the brilliant waters of the Atlantic Ocean, Cadiz is a treasure trove of historic landmarks, sunlit beaches, and vibrant street life.
Car Hire Benefits in Cadiz
Opting for a car hire with Rhino in Cadiz affords you the luxury of exploring this sun-baked region of Andalusia at your leisure. Whether you are captivated by the city's ancient fortifications, its lively carnivals, or the regional cuisine, having your own vehicle means freedom to experience Cadiz on your terms.
Driving to Cadiz
- Nearest Airport: Jerez Airport (XRY), also known as La Parra Airport, is the closest airport to Cadiz, about 45 km north of the city, roughly a 40-minute drive via the AP-4 and A-4.
- Road Conditions: Roads leading to and within Cadiz are well-maintained, particularly the major routes such as the AP-4 motorway.
- Traffic: As with many historic cities, traffic can be dense, especially during peak tourist season. The narrow streets of the old town are better explored on foot.
- Parking: There are ample paid parking lots and underground garages around the city, which are practical options as street parking can be limited.
Exploring Cadiz and Its Surroundings
- Cadiz Old Town: Wander through the ancient streets, where a short drive can take you to landmarks like the Cadiz Cathedral and the Tavira Tower.
- La Caleta Beach: Easily accessible by car and renowned for its picturesque sunset views.
- White Villages of Andalusia: Picturesque towns like Vejer de la Frontera are less than an hour’s drive away and offer charming streets and artisanal crafts.
- Sherry Triangle: Explore the home of sherry wine with Jerez de la Frontera, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and El Puerto de Santa María all within an easy drive.
Car Rental Policies in Cadiz
Rhino Car Rental is committed to transparency and customer satisfaction, providing clear policies for all car hires:
Important Information for Your Hire Car
- Insurance Coverage: Basic insurance is included with every rental, with the option to upgrade to additional coverage for extra security.
- Excess Details: Information on the excess will be clearly stated in your rental agreement. This is the amount you’re responsible for if there's any damage.
- Deposit Information: A security deposit will be required at the time of rental, which will be held on the driver's credit card.
- Payment Cards: A credit card in the name of the main driver is essential for the security deposit. Make sure to check if your card is accepted.
- Breakdown Assistance: In the rare event of a breakdown, you can rely on our comprehensive assistance available at any time.
- One Way Rentals: For added convenience, Rhino Car Rental offers one-way rentals, allowing you to pick up your car in Cadiz and return it at a different location, ideal for those on a longer Spanish adventure.
Embark on Your Cadiz Adventure
Rhino Car Rental invites you to immerse yourself in the rich history and lively culture of Cadiz. With your rental car, you can chase the horizon along the Costa de la Luz, delve into the region's Moorish past, or simply find your own slice of paradise on a secluded beach. Book with Rhino today and set the wheels in motion for an unforgettable Andalusian journey.