select [type] from [customtable_price_data] where NodeID='10852' order by january;select [January],[Feburary],[March],[April],[May],[June],[July],[August],[September],[October],[November],[December] from [customtable_price_data] where NodeID='10852' order by january;
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Useful things to know about Faro
- Faro hosts the International Motorcycle Rally which is famous in Europe for being one of the biggest of its kind.
- The Igreja do Carmo church has a chapel that is decorated with the remains of skeletons from over 1,200 former monks.
- The Ria Formosa lagoon was formed in 1755 by a huge earthquake and is a protected nature reserve, home to many different types of migratory birds.
- The average temperature for Faro in July is 24 degrees Celsius with an average of just over 12 hours of sunshine a day.
- A traditional dish from the region is called Bacalhau and is based on dried salt-cod.
Faro Mini Guide
The Aeroporto Internacional de Faro, otherwise known as Faro Airport
, is situated about eight kilometres to the west of the city of Faro in Portugal. It is Portugal's second most important international airport after Lisbon
and has been designed in a modern style with the intention of handling large aircraft such as the Boeing 747. Inside the terminal you will find plenty of places to get a bite to eat and something to drink as well as some duty free shopping options.
If you are in the Algarve and looking for low cost car hire why not try our car hire Faro Airport? This is a great place to go on holiday and we have cars to suit every occasion from wild stag trips to more comfortable vehicles for romantic couples. This low cost air travel hub is mostly used by tourists who are going on holiday to the Algarve
but it is used by travellers on business too and more than 5.6 million passengers went through Faro Airport in 2011. Airlines using Faro Airport include Air Berlin, Ryanair, Swiss Airlines and Thomsonfly. There are also many companies doing charter flights out of Faro Airport.
There are eight different car rental companies at Faro including big names such as Avis, Sixt and Hertz. To get from the airport there are a number of access routes which you can use such as the A22 motorway, known as the Via do Infante, and the Estrada Nacional 125. If you are driving from there into Spain
take the N431. Once you have arrived in Faro, the capital of the Algarve region in southern Portugal, you will find it to be a pleasant city with good weather. It is located close to the Ria Formosa Lagoon, a huge nature park which has hundreds of species of migratory birds.
There are often things happening in Faro. The Largo de São Francisco Square is the scene of the annual Fair of Santa Iria every October and many goods are sold there. You will also have the opportunity to try traditional Portuguese food served from stalls. There are many festivals there as it is the region's capital, look out on the website www.visitportugal.com for more details nearer the time you fly.
Many people go to Faro for its book fair. It takes place at the Manuel Bivar Gardens at the Doca de Faro where you can get excellent value for money. During the fair there are plenty of street performers to keep you entertained as well. Another event which could be worth seeing is a large motorcycle rally held in the city every year. Faro is a good place to play golf too as the Vilamoura course is considered among the finest in the whole of Portugal.
Latest Update from Faro:
A new boat link is being discussed between Faro and Tangier. This would be of great benefit to both the Portuguese and Moroccan tourism industries.
- As you will have seen, there's plenty to do in Faro. It's a shame then that so many people simply arrive at the airport and head off to the beaches of the Algarve. If you're putting together your own holiday, spend a day or two in the city at the start or end of your trip and enjoy the city's attractions as a contrast to your time on the beach.
- From the 18th to the 21st July, the Moto Clube de Faro hosts the annual International Motorcycle Rally so if you're taking a motorbike tour of Iberia or are simply interested in motorcycles, head for the marina where many of the superbikes congregate in the late afternoon and evening to show off.