Cheapest car hire in Chennai
7 seat minivan
*daily rates in Chennai based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
select [type] from [customtable_price_data] where NodeID='19918' order by january;select [January],[Feburary],[March],[April],[May],[June],[July],[August],[September],[October],[November],[December] from [customtable_price_data] where NodeID='19918' order by january;
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Useful things to know about Chennai
- Capital city of the state Tamil Nadu in India
- Holds the Madras Music Season and is recognised for its importance for Carnatic music
- Bollywood is big business in Chennai and the the Tamil state is the second largest film industry of India
- Chennai is the 6th biggest city in the south east behind Hyderabad and Bangalore respectively.
Chennai Mini Guide
The Indian city of Chennai was formerly known as Madras, and it remains the capital of the Madras state. Because of this the main cultural event here is still known as the Madras music season.
The music scene in Chennai is very much dominated by soundtracks to films as the important Tamil film industry is based in Chennai.
As the fifth most populated city in India Chennai has some four and a half million inhabitants, but this doubles if you take into consideration the greater metropolitan area.
Chennai is located on the Bay of Bengal along the Coromandel Coast in the east of India. Because of this advantageous position it has always had a thriving urban industry as well as a naval base.
However the location of Chennai was a massive disadvantage in 2005 as it was severely affected by the devastating tsunami. Chennai was formerly ruled by many Indian dynasties but it was also partly colonised by the Dutch and the Portuguese.
Cars and Information technology are the main business here with a large proportion of India's cars made in Chennai. We utilise some of their newest vehicles in our car hire Chennai fleet, so get booking now for modern vehicles with all the latest technology.
Also available is car hire Chennai Airport for those who want the convenience of having a vehicle ready and waiting for them as soon as they arrive into the airport. Chennai is located in Tamil Nadu which is one of India's 28 states.
Latest Update from Chennai:
- Chennai's new metro rail system is about to go live so if you've hired a car but are worried about using it in the busy city, you will soon have an alternative. No exact date has been given for the opening to the public but it is believed to be imminent.