Daily Car Hire Rates in Paros
*daily rates in Paros based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
select [type] from [customtable_price_data] where NodeID='20131' order by january;select [January],[Feburary],[March],[April],[May],[June],[July],[August],[September],[October],[November],[December] from [customtable_price_data] where NodeID='20131' order by january;
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Paros Car Hire - Did You Know?
- Paros is a Greek island in the Cyclades chain, west of Naxos and with a smaller sister island called Antiparos
- For many centuries, Paros was known for the beautiful fine white marble quarried there but today the quarries lie empty and abandoned
- The island’s capital, Parikia has lots of ancient sites to be explored including the so called ‘Church of a Hundred Doors’ said to have been founded by St Helen but which predates her lifetime by many centuries
Paros Mini Guide
What can you Tell me About Paros?
Centuries ago it relied on the quarrying of marble to earn its income but now the marble deposits are owned by the state and used only for restoration work. Instead the island has had to look to its other attractions to fuel the wave of tourism. It has plenty to offer from many fine beaches, attractions for families and several archaeological gems including the restored Church of a Thousand Doors, rumoured to have been founded by St Helen, the mother of the Emperor Constantine the Great.
How do I get to Paros?
Paros has its own airport but it currently only receives flights from Athens Airport
with Olympic Airways. Still, nearly 35,000 passengers used the airport to get to the island rather than take the cheaper but much slower ferry from Piraeus. Either way, you’ll have to get a flight into Athens first and travel on from there. easyJet have several routes from the UK
and Europe into Athens so you should find airfares are reasonable.
What Should I Do in Paros?
The most popular activity on Paros is just to relax on one of its beaches. Other than that, the capital Parikia is a great way to spend an afternoon walking around the shady ancient streets of the town.
Where in Paros are the car rental agents?
You'll find the car rental agents in Paros centred around the Port, most within a short walk and all easily accessible at the following adresses;
- Avis - Budget, Hertz, Thrifty - Paros Airport, Paros, 844 00, Greece
- Budget - Port, Paroikia, 50m Walk Distance To Port, Paros, 84400
- Thrifty - Parikia - Main Port, Paros, 84400
- Europcar - Main Road Right Opposite The Port Main Port, Parikia
- Alamo - Parikia Naousa Main Road, Paros, 84400
- Surprice - Port Of Paroikia Square Manto Maurogenous, Paros
Latest Update from Paros:
- Most of us learn Greek dancing after a few beers or ouzos at a taverna but the municipality of Paros is organising dance classes for locals to which tourists are welcome too. The classes will teach the basic steps as well as give you an insight into the history of them. Classes are advertised locally and you should ask in your accommodation or in the local tourist offices for venues.