For a small Greek
island, there is certainly a lot to Milos. Flying in from Athens
, collect a hire car at the airport or from Milos town and then set about enjoying all it has to offer. We would recommend a small four wheel drive hire vehicle as some of the roads are not tarmacked and you do not really want to miss out on a beautiful sight just because your car will not get there. If you are planning on staying on the main roads, we will still have the perfect rental vehicle for you, just take a look at the range available and you will also notice the unbelievably low prices we offer.
Driving on the Greek island of Milos is a fantastic way to explore its unique and picturesque landscapes, as well as discover its stunning beaches and charming villages. Here's what you can expect and some tips for driving on the island of Milos:
- Milos has an airport, Milos Island National Airport (MLO), which is located near the town of Adamas, the main port of the island. The airport serves domestic flights and connects Milos to Athens and other Greek cities.
- Milos has a network of well-maintained roads, including both paved and unpaved roads. While the main roads are generally in good condition, you might encounter narrower and winding roads in rural or remote areas.
- Traffic on the island is relatively light, especially outside of the peak tourist season. During the summer months, you may encounter more traffic, especially near popular beaches and attractions.
- Road signs in Milos follow Greek conventions and are generally clear.
- Speed limits in Greece are typically as follows:
- In towns and urban areas: 50 km/h (31 mph)
- Outside towns: 90 km/h (56 mph)
- On highways: 110-120 km/h (68-75 mph)
- Most towns and tourist areas on Milos have designated parking areas. Parking is generally manageable, but be sure to adhere to local regulations and fees.
Fuel and Services:
- Gas stations are available in the main towns and along the major roads. Keep in mind that they might be less frequent in more remote areas, so ensure you have enough fuel for your journeys.
- Milos is known for its stunning beaches, unique geological formations, and picturesque villages. Explore the island's interior and coastal areas to discover its diverse attractions.
- When traveling to remote areas, consider carrying emergency supplies like water, snacks, a first-aid kit, and spare clothing.
Driving on Milos offers you the flexibility to explore the island's diverse attractions and beautiful landscapes. Whether you're interested in visiting the famous Sarakiniko Beach, exploring the colorful fishing villages, or discovering the island's historical sites, Milos has plenty to offer for travelers who prefer to explore at their own pace.
Low prices do not mean low quality for car hire Milos and we pride ourselves on renting out only latest model cars which are carefully looked after and we offer exceptional levels of customer service should you need help or advice at any time from the booking process until you return your car.