Daily Car Hire Rates in Cologne Airport
*daily rates in Cologne Airport based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
select [type] from [customtable_price_data] where NodeID='8865' order by january;select [January],[Feburary],[March],[April],[May],[June],[July],[August],[September],[October],[November],[December] from [customtable_price_data] where NodeID='8865' order by january;
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Customer questions about Cologne Airport car hire
Hiya, I planned to rent a car at cologne airport using my visa debit, is this possible? I do not have a credit card.
Hi, you can use a debit card to book online but when you pick up the car you must have a credit card in the main drivers name.
Cologne Airport Car Hire - Did You Know?
- It’s one of Germany’s few 24 hour airports.
- Just under 10m passengers used its facilities last year.
- The airport opened in 1913 and was taken over by the Luftwaffe in 1939.
- The British took control of the airport and expanded it after the war.
Cologne Bonn Airport Mini Guide
Cologne-Bonn Airport is equidistant between the two cities and is a modern, fully equipped airport. There are over 13,000 parking spaces here catering for the 10 million passengers it helped last year. The parking is almost all within the approach road loop and on multi-storeys. There’s valet parking and parking for women only for their security.
32 different airlines fly into Cologne-Bonn, ranging from national carrier scheduled airlines to budget flights from low cost airlines. Easyjet operate routes to and from Stansted
among other UK airports and Ryanair from Dublin
in Ireland in addition to numerous other routes from Europe.
Getting to Your Destination
There’s a stop on the main Cologne-Bonn railway system by way of a loop that takes in the airport. An airport bus runs on line 7 to Porzmarkt in the nearby city of Porz. Line SB60 takes you into Bonn. Local transport companies, VRS and KVB also run bus services out of the airport with a number of stops en route.
If you’ve decided to hire a car, the car hire company desks are located on level D arrivals. The route out of the airport is easy with access to the route 59 autobahn gained via KennedyStrasse. Route 59 will take you north to Cologne or south to Bonn. The airport does get quite busy with queues forming at the car hire desks and it’s often worth sending a driver through to sort out car hire whilst others collect the baggage. There’s a very helpful airport information desk for general airport enquiries in the public area together with a local tourist information desk offering leaflets and information on attractions and accommodation in the area.
- There are two banks at the airport, Buschandlung, Kirschner and Paul, and Reise Bank. There are branches of exchange companies too and several ATMs are found around the airport.
- Shopping at Cologne-Bonn is excellent, there’s a wide range of shops including Mexx, Hugo Boss, Haribo and Esprit along with lesser names selling books, newspapers and magazines. There’s the usual duty free shop selling alcohol, tobacco products, gifts and perfumery.
- There’s also a casino at the airport!
- There’s plenty of choice for food there but much of it is of the snack or fast food variety. There’s a Burger King, several pizza and sandwich bars, cafes and snack bars but nothing to give you a substantial, good quality meal.
- There is a medical and dental suite at the airport offering emergency treatment. It can be found in the arrivals hall.
- Wi-Fi facilities at Cologne-Bonn are provided by way of a T-Mobile Hot Spot.
- For lost items of luggage contact the lost luggage desk in the baggage reclaim hall.
The airport is capable of handling the needs of most groups of reduced mobility passengers. Call points are installed and dedicated staff available to assist provided 48 hours’ notice is given. General assistance is available for disabled travellers and whilst the airport has done all it can to make things easier for passengers with reduced mobility it is recommended that you inform your airline before travelling so that necessary steps can be taken to assist you. The airport conforms to EU law on disability provision.
Latest Update from Cologne Airport:
- In the last decade flights to North America were discontinued because of low passenger numbers. Identifying an increasing need for the reintroduction of the route, the airport authority is actively seeking out transatlantic airlines which it hopes to introduce before the end of the year.