Rhinocarhire.com coronavirus (COVID-19) update
During these unprecedented times of disruption to global and local travel and our way of lives in general we aim to provide the most up to date information for our customers to answer any questions you might have regarding your existing or future car hire bookings.
Below is our latest update on COVID-19
Latest update: 01/04/2020
Rhinocarhire.com Refund Options
We know travel plans have been disrupted by Covid-19. If you are going to rebook your trip in the future, opt for a voucher instead and we’ll give you up to 25% extra. For example if your original booking was €200 we’ll give you a voucher for €250.
How to appy for your refund voucher
We are giving valued customers a refund voucher with up to 25% extra. Simply input your details, select to receive a voucher instead of refund when you are cancelling. Vouchers are valid for 2 years.
Apply for your voucher by entering your details HERE
, you will need;
Voucher Terms & Conditions
- Booking number: e.g. GB12345678
- Email Address:
- Your voucher code may be redeemed only by entering the voucher code during the online booking process or for bookings made through the CarTrawler Customer Centre of Excellence, subject to eligibility and availability.
- Your voucher code cannot be extended, so please use it to make a booking before the expiry date. Refund vouchers are valid for 2 years from the date the voucher is issued.
- Your voucher code must be entered before you confirm your booking and the additional amount added to your voucher cannot exceed 25% or €50/£50.
- Your voucher code may not be used on any previously confirmed booking.
- Only one voucher code can be used per booking and cannot be combined with any other promotion or offers.
- Your voucher code cannot be transferred or sold to a third party and can only be redeemed once.
- Your voucher code is non-refundable and has no cash or refund value except when redeemed in accordance with all terms and conditions of this offer.
- If the cost of your transportation is less than the amount stated on your voucher no credit will be authorised on the remaining amount of the voucher.
- If the cost of your transportation exceeds the value of the voucher used to pay for the booking, any price difference can be paid by credit/debit card.
- Vouchers can only be redeemed in the currency of issue.
- Your discount code cannot be used on amounts that you pay directly to the transportation supplier.
- Vouchers are void if altered or obtained fraudulently.
- We reserve the right to cancel bookings or request alternate forms of payment if a fraudulently or improperly obtained voucher is redeemed.
- Except as otherwise provided by applicable law, these Voucher Terms & Conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Ireland and any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Voucher Terms & Conditions shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
FAQ about refund voucher:
Q: If I have already cancelled, will my refund be processed as normal or do I need to anything else?
A: Yes, refunds are going through as normal if you do not opt for the voucher, if you want a refund, no further action is required and you can ignore the voucher offer email. Refunds may take about 30 calendar days due to the current situation and we apologise for this.
- Our operational measures to deal with the potential impacts of the escalating coronavirus situation are continuing.
- The team continues to work from home – and are focused on providing you with the service levels you expect.
- Please note – our cancellation policy remains as per current policy. Our Customer Care team continue to effectively manage the increased call volume but please bear with us in these times of unprecedented demand or use or Manage Booking facility to amend / cancel an existing booking.
Spain: Latest Coronavirus Update
Following day to day updated regulations and measures derived from the COVID-19 pandemic, our car hire suppliers in Spain are not able to rent any vehicles until the end of the state of alarm, they can only attend car drop-offs of current rentals.
From now until the end of the state of alarm:
- Pick-ups – Are not possible at any location in Spain
- Drop-offs – Will be facilitated for current rental agreements
Be advised, state of alarm can be extended, for the time being applicable until March 30th.
We are monitoring the situation closely on a daily basis and communicating with customers in terms of their options to amend or cancel any confirmed reservations.
We have contacted all customers with car rentals in Spain
up to 30th March 2020 due to the recent government guidelines.
We will also be contacting all customers with future pickups regularly to provide additional information and guide them on their option.
FAQs about coronavirus and my car hire booking:
If I book a hire car for the summer and travel restrictions are still not lifted, can I get a refund.
Yes, we have not made any changes to our cancellation policy since the outbreak as feel our policy is more than adequate to protect customers in the event of cancellation.
My current hire car is due back but the car hire company has said they are closed due to outbreak?
We are making contact with all customers who’s current booking is affected to advise how to return your rental car, most car hire companies are making arrangements for cars to be returned.
Can I return my rental car early due to the coronavirus outbreak?
Yes, however you will need to make contact with the car hire company to check procedure to return if the location is in lock-down or state of emergency. Unfortunately we cannot make any partial refunds for rentals returned early, you should contact your travel insurance provider if this is the case.
Can I keep my rental car beyond the return date if the car hire company is closed?
Possibly, we will attempt to make amendments / extensions to current bookings on an individual basis as this may be beneficial for the car hire company and our customers. Additional charges will be discussed before any extensions confirmed.
If you have any other questions regarding your current or future car hire bookings, you can try our Frequently Asked Questions
or use our LiveChat facility / log into 'Manage Booking
' to manage an existing booking.