Colombia Car Rentals
Colombia is a fascinating country that boasts over 50 protected areas and numerous sights of natural beauty. It is also rich in history, culture and tradition making it an interesting place to visit. Book cheap car hire in Colombia and you can explore fully what it has to offer and go where you want, when you want.
Car hire companies in Colombia
- Alamo car rental in Colombia (13+ models available)
- Atos Renta Facil in Colombia (7+ models available)
- Avis car rental in Colombia (15+ models available)
- Budget car rental in Colombia (21+ models available)
- Confort rent a car in Colombia (5+ models available)
- Enterprise car rental in Colombia (17+ models available)
- Europcar in Colombia (18+ models available)
- Mex Rent a Car in Colombia (24+ models available)
- National car rental in Colombia (4+ models available)
Colombia Mini Guide
Colombia is a fascinating and beautiful country, with a rich mixture of culture. Traditions survive, from the Indians who preceded colonisation, from the Spanish colonists, and from the African slaves brought by the Europeans; the influence of these cultures is apparent in the countries food, music, art, architecture and literature. Recently, modern industry has been added to this mixture as Colombia's recipe for prosperity.
Thirty-five thousand relics of Colombia's past prosperity are on show at the Gold Museum in the capital city of Bogota. Before the Spanish came to Colombia in the 16th century, the area was inhabited by Indian tribes who left an impressive legacy. The Chibchas in particular, who lived in the area around Bogota, were skilled craftsmen in gold. Their jewellery and ceremonial objects were encrusted with emerald, for which Colombia is renowned; indeed, the jewels are still mined at Muzo near Chiquinquira, and one of the world's largest unpolished emeralds is in the Gold Museum.
Colombia has almost every kind of climate and country, with the snow-covered peaks of the Ande Mountains in the west, grassland in the centre, and tropical jungle to the east and south. There is even desert, between the Andes and the Pacific coast. The Andes take the form of a three-pronged fork, with three ranges the Cordilleras accidental, Central and Oriental - running north and largely disappearing towards the Caribbean.