Daily Car Hire Rates in Woodford Green
*daily rates in Woodford Green based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Woodford Green Car Hire - Did You Know?
- Woodford Green is on the edge of the historic Epping Forest.
- It was formerly in Essex but is now part of the London Borough of Redbridge.
- The name came from the proximity of a river crossing there to Epping Forest.
- It developed around the new station on an East London railway line.
- The early population was mainly wealthy and built large houses because the rail fares on the line were only affordable by them.
Nearest Petrol Stations to Woodford Green
See the nearest petrol stations to Woodford Green below, we recommend you plan head before you return the car to Woodford Green to avoid any Refueling fees.
Woodford Green Mini Guide
Woodford Green Sounds Delightful, What can you Tell me About it?
The town of Woodford Green is a very recent one springing up only after a new railway station was built there in the 19th century. The fares on the line were significantly higher than to other suburban towns and so the only people who could afford to live there and commute were the wealthy. Huge homes sprang up and the area was very well-to-do. In the 20th century with the demand for housing in the capital, the town was absorbed into London and any green space was built on for cheap private housing. Today its charm relies on the proximity of historic Epping Forest.
How do I get to Woodford Green?
The easiest way by air is to Stansted Airport
or to London City Airport followed by bus, train or underground. Within London, the town is connected via the Central Line on the underground to the city and is thus accessible to most parts of the UK via the main London termini.
What Should I do When Staying in Woodford Green?
The position of the town gives you two main options. Using the Central Line you have easy access to most of central London’s top attractions without the expense of staying in the city. For those that want a more tranquil time around Woodford, heading east you’ll come to the vast expanse of historic Epping Forest. Once a royal hunting forest for the Tudors, it became the property of the public and was declared as the ‘people’s forest’ by Queen Victoria after an act of parliament clarified its purpose. Today you can walk, cycle or ride horses through it and it provides a beautiful sanctuary for the people of East London.
Latest Update from Woodford Green:
- This June join the people of Woodford Green as they celebrate the jubilee of her majesty's coronation with street parties and live music. Everyone is welcome to join in, especially if you contribute some food or liquid refreshment!