Daily Car Hire Rates in Salisbury
*daily rates in Salisbury based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Salisbury Car Hire - Did You Know?
- Salisbury is a famous cathedral town with the building being celebrated in the work of the artist John Constable
- Salisbury is the only settlement in Wiltshire with city status
- It was founded as Old Sarum, now a site north of the current city which is sometimes called New Sarum
- Five rivers join where the city is built, the largest being the River Avon which enters the sea at Christchurch
- People have lived on the site for millennia but Salisbury only received city status in 1220
Nearest Petrol Stations to Salisbury
See the nearest petrol stations to Salisbury below, we recommend you plan head before you return the car to Salisbury to avoid any Refueling fees.
Salisbury Mini Guide
What can you Tell me About Salisbury?
Salisbury dates back to prehistoric times but it was during the time of the Saxons it really began to develop and gained its name. After the Norman Conquest Salisbury Cathedral was built and the town grew around it, eventually becoming a city. It continued to develop as a market town for the region. Today visitors are attracted by the proximity of Stonehenge and the new visitor centre, about to be built, will draw more people to the region.
How Easy is it to get to Salisbury?
Airports close to Salisbury include Bournemouth and Southampton, twenty miles away and Bristol, sixty miles away. It’s possible to hire a car from these airports but rail and coach links are such that it’s easy to get from the airports to Salisbury and hire a car there if you don’t fancy the long drive. Both Bristol and Bournemouth have international flights from Europe but from further afield you’ll need to fly into Heathrow or Gatwick and connect from there.
What is There to see and do in Salisbury?
The major sights of the city include the cathedral which is one of the most beautiful in the UK and which has the country’s highest cathedral spire and is surrounded by well-kept lawns and gardens. Old Sarum, north of the city, shows the city from its beginnings five thousand years ago. Even older still is Stonehenge, one of the UK’s main attractions, which is located eight miles from the city centre.
Latest Update from Salisbury:
- From 25th May until the 9th June, enjoy the Ageas Arts Festival which this year focuses on the art of Catalunya. One of the most dramatic arts festivals in the UK, there's going to be plenty for all the family to enjoy.