Daily Car Hire Rates in Doncaster
Van / minivan
*daily rates in Doncaster based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Doncaster Car Hire - Did You Know?
- Doncaster is commonly known to locals as ‘Donny’.
- It has an international airport, Robin Hood Airport, close by.
- The name Doncaster comes from the Roman meaning ‘castle on the Don’.
- The town received its charter in 1194.
- It’s being financed as Britain’s first Education City, a centre of learning excellence.
Doncaster Mini Guide
Tell me What you can About Doncaster
Doncaster was a very important Roman town and settlement on the road from Lincoln
to one of the Romans’ chief British settlements, York. The town was so significant it is mentioned in some very important Roman documents and was also the place where the son of the Emperor Constantine lived during his time in Britain. Much of what remains of Roman Doncaster is still believed to be buried below the town.
During the Industrial Revolution, Doncaster avoided much heavy industry instead becoming the chosen places of residence for the industrial magnates of the time, sufficiently close to the factories for control but far away enough from the dirt and pollution. Today, the town is still blessed with the many stately homes but has turned to becoming a centre of learning for its future prosperity.
What’s the Easiest way to get to Doncaster?
It has its own international airport called Robin Hood Airport, only a couple of miles from the town. It’s possible to fly in here from many of the UK’s regional airports after which it is a short journey to the town centre. The town’s station is also on the London
What should I see and do When in Doncaster?
Conisbrough Castle is definitely worth a visit, just outside the town. It has an imposing keep built in Norman times and has seen action many times over the centuries. Its colourful history is detailed in the informative display inside the castle. Doncaster Minster, in the town centre is considered to be one of the finest examples of Victorian Gothic architecture. It was built over the site of the former minster, a Norman building that burnt down three years before. It is also reputed to have one of the best church organs in the country and a clock designed by the clock maker that made the faces of Big Ben. Each summer, on Sundays, Brodsworth Hall's gardens ring out to the sound of afternoon band concerts. They're free to attend and you'll enjoy a different variety of music each week.
Latest Update from Doncaster:
- www.visitdoncaster.co,uk offers a free downloadable visitor's guide to the town listing its main events and offering discount tickets to many attractions.
- At Doncaster College's arts centre, The Hub, every Thursday from August 9th until the end of the year, young people from 12 to 21 years old can take part in free dance activities at the college's Dance Academy.