Tennessee Car Hire - Did You Know?
- Memphis is the largest city in Tennessee despite Nashville being the capital
- Is nicknamed 'The Volunteer State'
- The flag of Tennessee consists of a red background with a blue circle in the middle housing 3 white stars
- Is the 36th largest state in the USA by square miles
- Borders 8 other US states including Virginia, Alabama and Georgia
Tennessee Mini Guide
Landlocked in eastern USA, Tennessee is famed for its contribution to rock and roll and Blue's music. The largest city, Memphis is said to be the birthplace of Blue and was the launch pad for stars such as Elvis Presley, Roy Orbison and Johnny Cash, whos careers took shape thanks to Sun Records based in Memphis.
Today, the economy in Tennessee is based around agriculture and manufacturing with tourism playing an increasing role. Did you know that soybeans are one of the top 3 agricultural exports from Tennessee, however it's is also recognisable as the home of the world famous Jack Daniels Tennessee Whiskey, one of the world's best selling whiskeys.
The busiest airports in Tennessee are unsurprisingly found in its capital and busiest cities of Nashville and Memphis. McGhee Tyson Airport in Knoxville and Chattanooga Airport are also considered some of the busiest in the state. The Amtrak rail service runs from Tennessee to Chicago
and New Orleans