Daily Car Hire Rates in Stafford
Van / minivan
*daily rates in Stafford based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
select [type] from [customtable_price_data] where NodeID='20646' order by january;select [January],[Feburary],[March],[April],[May],[June],[July],[August],[September],[October],[November],[December] from [customtable_price_data] where NodeID='20646' order by january;
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Stafford Car Hire - Did You Know?
- Stafford is the county town of Staffordshire in the Midlands of the UK
- It’s located equidistance between Wolverhampton and Stoke-on-Trent
- The town is alongside M6 the making it a good base for accessing other parts of the West Midlands
- It was founded in 700AD by Bertelin who called the settlement Betheney
- In the early 10th century the town was linked with Alfred the Great when his daughter established a burgh there as part of the program to unify England
Stafford Mini Guide
What can you Tell me About Stafford?
Most people know of Stafford these days as the home of Alton Towers but there’s a lot more to the town than that. It’s used as a dormitory town for Birmingham
, Stoke and Wolverhampton but has many industries of its own, despite an overall decline in manufacturing in the West Midlands. It’s also a popular shopping destination with an attractive high street with many chain shops plus local boutiques.
How Easy is it to get to Stafford?
If you fly into Birmingham Airport
or East Midlands Airport
you’ll easily make it to Stafford in around forty minutes by hire car or train. Stafford is on the Birmingham to the north west mainline as well as being accessible by the M6 motorway. Flights to Birmingham and East Midlands come from a variety of European destinations with Birmingham also having several North American connections.
What Should I see or do in and Around Stafford?
Stafford is a place where you might stay but then hire a car to get out and about. There are plenty of interesting places within forty minutes of the centre of Stafford including Alton Towers and the excellent shopping of Birmingham’s Bullring Shopping Centre. You’re also not far from the Potteries region around Stoke and Burton and they’re great places to visit to find out more about the Industrial Revolution in the region and also to buy some fine pottery pieces.
Latest Update from Stafford:
- If you're stuck for something to do with a young family on Sunday June 14, head, teddy bear under arm, to Izaak Walton's Cottage for a teddy bear's picnic. Entrance is free if a bear is in tow.