select [type] from [customtable_price_data] where NodeID='14083' order by january;select [January],[Feburary],[March],[April],[May],[June],[July],[August],[September],[October],[November],[December] from [customtable_price_data] where NodeID='14083' order by january;
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Carlisle Airport Car Hire - Did You Know?
- The airport is owned by the Stobart Group.
- It’s six miles from Carlisle centre.
- Formerly an RAF base, it opened in 1941.
- At the moment it handles only private jets and charters.
- Excavations have taken place on the airport site, discovering prehistoric remains.
Carlisle Airport Mini Guide
Why Would I be Flying Into Carlisle Airport?
For a start you are likely to be a private jet owner and maybe heading to your home in the Lake District or the South of Scotland
. Or you might be part of a private charter landing at Carlisle as it’s convenient for your destination. The airport also has helicopter facilities and there’s a flight training school based there for those that want to learn to fly. The airport is close to Carlisle city centre and under an hour from most Lake District destinations.
What’s the Airport Like?
It was upgraded and the new terminal officially opened in 2019. Commercial flights started to a variety of locations across the UK and Northern France
. It’s a functional airport that also does its best for the occasional business jet user, private pilots, private charters and flying school trainees. In 2015 opened an air freight distribution centre at the airport bringing cargo flights into the airport.
How do I Arrange to get There?
You’d need to contact the airport to give them your travel plans. If you’re taking a private charter, the chances are that the charter company will do this for you. You can pre-book a hire car or limousine to pick you up from the apron and, if flying in on a domestic route, can leave the airport as soon as your bags are loaded. There are few permanent facilities here but the airport staff are helpful and can arrange catering, accommodation and any other requirements you may have.
And Leaving Carlisle at the end of my Stay?
Just let the airport have your travel plans and they will lodge a flight plan with ATC, refuel your plane, clean it and restock it. During any wait at the airport you can have food and drinks provided and make use of business facilities there.
Latest Update from Carlisle Airport:
- Aer Arran are in talks with the airport at the moment to develop a route between Carlisle and Stobart's other airport in Southend. Ryanair have also expressed an interest in beginning flights from Carlisle to Dublin and other UK regional destinations.
- Aer Lingus Regional, through their subsidiary, Aer Arran will begin commercial flights to Southend and Dublin this summer marking the next stage in the growth of the airport.