select [type] from [customtable_price_data] where NodeID='25502' order by january;select [January],[Feburary],[March],[April],[May],[June],[July],[August],[September],[October],[November],[December] from [customtable_price_data] where NodeID='25502' order by january;
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Useful things to know about Anchorage Airport
- Anchorage Airport is named after former long standing US senator Ted Stevens.
- The airport regularly welcomes 5 million passengers per annum, in 2018 there was a marked increase in traffic with over 5.6 passengers (a new record.)
- The most visited destination from Anchorage Airport is Seattle with half a million people going there annually.
- Within the terminal there is a large glass sculpture which was commissioned to reflect the mountainous territory of Alaska.
- During the 1960s and the 1980s many long haul flights had to stop and refuel at Anchorage Airport because at the time both Chinese and Russian airspace were off limits for political reasons.
Anchorage Airport Mini Guide
Why Should I Take a Holiday in Anchorage?
It could be because you love the great outdoors. Many go there in summer to take advantage of mild weather and sunny skies but don’t forget the midge repellent. There’s plenty of wildlife to be seen there too including Moose and Grizzly and Kodiak bears. The city is also interesting and recalls its past with a museum dedicated to the lives of the original inhabitants of the land. You can also stand on a mountain top and marvel that the US paid Russia
only $7m for the whole of Alaska, it’s got to be the best property deal in history.
How Do I Get Into Anchorage?
The best way is to fly into Anchorage Airport, named Ted Stevens Airport, after the long serving politician. The airport is close to the centre and actually well within the city limits. Flights come in from all over the US as well as Asia and Europe. Journey times into the centre are short with a variety of ways of getting there.
What’s the Airport Like?
It’s very modern and comprised of the North and South terminals. Each has a wealth of facilities and the airport is connected to the city centre by bus, train and taxi. The airport had an upgrade in 2012 so the facilities were even better. It’s one of the largest cargo handling airports in the world and receives almost as many cargo flights as passenger ones.
What Can I Expect When I Land?
You’ll disembark via an air bridge to the terminal and whilst this side of the airport isn’t so glamorous, you’ll soon find yourself in a very modern terminal. You can expect a good walk from the plane doors to passports and baggage reclaim, depending on your airline. Make sure that if you need assistance, you’ve let your airline known well in advance.
Once in the arrivals hall there’s a desk manned by volunteers that can give you airport information and tell you more about the area. There are a couple of banks on your way through the arrivals hall as well as some ATMs for quick cash. To find the car hire desks you’ll need to go down to level 0. Escalators take you there from baggage reclaim and the main arrivals hall. On the way down you’ll find the lobby of the other modes of transport and there you can book a taxi and buy bus and rail tickets.
Will I be Able to Shop and Eat Whilst Waiting for my Return Flight?
You’ll be surprised at how many shops and restaurants there are at the airport. Just check in, hand over your bags and collect your boarding passes then the airport is your oyster. Everything you might want is there from high fashion to sports clothing, jewellery, gifts, perfumes books and more. Even beyond security where everything is at duty free prices, you’ll find great shopping at even lower prices. There’s quite a choice when it comes to eating, with high class dining for those with time to kill and a budget to suit their appetites or fast food for those on tighter budgets and timescales. The airport is also proud to offer free wireless internet access if you have a laptop or netbook.
Latest Update from Anchorage Airport:
- Anchorage Airport is undergoing a review of customer service so it can be sure of giving a positive perception of its facilities and the state of Alaska itself. You may be asked for your comments during your time in the airport but if not, you're still likely to receive a warm and hearty welcome.