Cheapest car hire in Hammamet
5 seat minivan
From € 100.40
*daily rates in Hammamet based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
select [type] from [customtable_price_data] where NodeID='20986' order by january;select [January],[Feburary],[March],[April],[May],[June],[July],[August],[September],[October],[November],[December] from [customtable_price_data] where NodeID='20986' order by january;
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Useful things to know about Hammamet
- Hammamet is the oldest tourist resort in Tunisia
- To preserve its authentic look and feel, most buildings there can only be one level
- The Routes des Hotels is the main hotel strip in Hammamet and borders the beautiful sandy beach
- The former president of Tunisia, Ben Ali, spent all his holidays in the resort
- There’s plenty of historic interest to see in Hammamet as it dates from a 1st century town called Pupput
Hammamet Mini Guide
Who Goes to Hammamet?
It’s a typical Mediterranean holiday resort and you won’t find too much beyond the beach and seafront. There’s a little bit of history on offer as the town stretches back to the 1st century. Other than that you’ll find it’s the beach and the nice restaurants that attract the crowds plus the excellent year round climate.
How do I get to Hammamet Route des Hotels?
The closest airport to Hammamet is Enfidha Airport, around 25 miles away. You can hire a car there for your journey on to Hammamet or take a coach transfer to the Route des Hotels. There are plenty of flights to Enfidha from the UK
with tour operators as well as budget airlines so you won’t be stuck for a way to get there.
What is There to See and Do in Hammamet?
It really is mainly a beach destination with the usual attractions offered to those who want a holiday in the sun. There is a little bit of history to be found in the old town which is now incorporated into Hammamet proper but which developed from Roman Pupput. Elsewhere, simply enjoy the atmosphere of the place, very conducive to a relaxing holiday.