Cheapest car hire in Phuket Patong
Van / minivan
*daily rates in Phuket Patong based on a 1 day rental (24hr period) and for guidance purposes only.
select [type] from [customtable_price_data] where NodeID='20602' order by january;select [January],[Feburary],[March],[April],[May],[June],[July],[August],[September],[October],[November],[December] from [customtable_price_data] where NodeID='20602' order by january;
*average daily rates based on 7 day rental, search for todays best prices.
Useful things to know about Phuket Patong
- Patong is the party capital of Asia
- Watch out for the Bangla Road is the straight part of Patong and Paradise is the gay part of the strip
- Until the 1980s, Patong was just a fishing village. The beach was then ‘discovered’ and the resort grew
- In 2004, the resort was badly damaged by the Indonesian tsunami
- Be warned that the local police clamp down severely on illegal activity
- When renting a car in Phuket Patong, you'll be spoilt for choice with international rental agents such as Avis, Budget, Hertz and Thrifty all based here.
Patong Mini Guide
What can you Tell me About Patong?
Patong is definitely Asia’s party capital. Hundreds of bars, clubs and top quality restaurants line the seafront and stretch back into the town. Ladyboy clubs and more vie with each other for the tourist baht. The beach is crowded and a little grubby and is the haunt of masseuses during the day and illicit activity at night.
How Easy is it to get to Patong?
Flights to Phuket are a good mix of domestic and international from all over Europe and Asia. There is only a single direct flight from the UK
with Thomson and many UK flights travel into Bangkok
Airport before continuing on an internal flight to Phuket. The airport is 22 miles north of the resort and many travel there by taxi or airport transfer. Car hire from Phuket airport
is a good idea saving you being ‘retail hijacked’ on the way.
What is There to do in Patong?
Most people simply sleep during the day and party all night and it often seems like there are more people around at night. During the day you can laze on the golden sands of the beach but you’ll be sharing it with thousands of others. If you’ve got a hire car you can discover the quieter and more attractive beaches of the coast, north and south of the resort. Shopping is another popular activity with hand-made clothes popular. Offshore, there are several dive sites but you’ll need to go further out these days with the environmental damage being wreaked on the nearer reefs by mass tourism.